89 7.3 088 ATS Boost??????

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have and 5sp 89 7.3 4 in straight dump ext. 2 flat ip delphi inj. and i installed a boost gauge today runnin 9 psi whats the normal 15 is max hows that though can i sqeeze anymore out?

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
Are you saying your max is 9?

If so,

if you arent smoking like crazy and your exhaust temps arent to high then you could try to go up with the fuel some more but if those are unloaded numbers then I would think you are doing pretty good for a nonwastegated turbo.

If your max is 15 I wouldnt try to squeeze more out of it

6.9man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
15 about the max i have hit empty. know there is more there if turn the pump up more but wouldn't do it unless you got head studs and inner cooler

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats unloaded to the floor getting on free way 9's max and 800 EGT at 70 MPH and i shut down jus seeing what good trying to tune some an have more of an idea of what to do on my new motor this fall no studs but there will be an im starting the water/**** today any good mix numbers for that im gonna try a 0.5 flat today as well and the smoke is black when shes floored grey untell then though

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
an 6.9man do you kno the cdr grommet part number lol ford and international say that im crazy and doesnt exist but i got in the valley pan kit from orielly and fords and internationals kit did not???????????????????????????????????????????

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
9 lbs without a load on out of an 088 is nothing to sneez at... especially when you consider that when ATS built the kit, they figured it would run at peak effeciency at 7

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
9 lbs without a load on out of an 088 is nothing to sneez at... especially when you consider that when ATS built the kit, they figured it would run at peak effeciency at 7

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
800 deg unloaded could make it a pain to pull with if you increase the fuel much more, the 8 in tip is ridiculous but I got it and all the pipe to go from the carrier bearing, over the axle, and exit out the back for 40 bucks. I cant tell you what kind off difference the tip made because I changed the whole exhaust when I did the tip. Honestly if you dont have a big lifted truck 8 inch looks way oversized. If I hadnt have gotten such a good deal on the big tip I would have went with 5 or 6 inch.

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
800 deg unloaded could make it a pain to pull with if you increase the fuel much more, the 8 in tip is ridiculous but I got it and all the pipe to go from the carrier bearing, over the axle, and exit out the back for 40 bucks. I cant tell you what kind off difference the tip made because I changed the whole exhaust when I did the tip. Honestly if you dont have a big lifted truck 8 inch looks way oversized. If I hadnt have gotten such a good deal on the big tip I would have went with 5 or 6 inch.

6.9man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
an 6.9man do you kno the cdr grommet part number lol ford and international say that im crazy and doesnt exist but i got in the valley pan kit from orielly and fords and internationals kit did not???????????????????????????????????????????

don't know. are you talking about the pipe in between the valve cover and cdr?

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No nt lifted but soon to have bent beams an Fabtech diesel springs an boxed rear axel and 4in blocks and custom square radious arms I'm doin the exhaust myself so it will be cheap and all probly jus go 5 I can always change it later

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No nt lifted but soon to have bent beams 6in an Fabtech diesel springs an boxed rear axel and 4in blocks and custom square radious arms I'm doin the exhaust myself so it will be cheap and all probly jus go 5 I can always change it later

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online