87 6.9 IDI air cleaner

Waystro

No Class
Reaction score
Wow! That's Ghetto. Why didn't the the PO Get one that said EdelBrock or Ford But FREAKING Chevy
I'm speechless. :puke: :mad: :***:

Zaggnutt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The shame of it is he's a friggin' mechanic workin' in his father's garage. You tellin' me they couldn't get a Ford air cleaner assembly with the snap of their finger's??? It's ********.

I have become the savior of the neglected IDI like many of you. Now I have two adopted children.... Hope they don't want to go to collegeLOL My two will be lucky if they get there on my dime at this point.

Waystro

No Class
Reaction score
And this is my Crew Cab. The credit for this one is all mine LOL
You must be registered for see images attach

And if you look here you will see the grey plastic coupler I used to elbow my RDT out of the engine compartment....
You must be registered for see images attach

The CDR is just off screen to the right. Enjoy!!!;Sweet:D

Now that one doesn't look bad. :D

Waystro

No Class
Reaction score
The shame of it is he's a friggin' mechanic workin' in his father's garage. You tellin' me they couldn't get a Ford air cleaner assembly with the snap of their finger's??? It's ********.

I have become the savior of the neglected IDI like many of you. Now I have two adopted children.... Hope they don't want to go to collegeLOL My two will be lucky if they get there on my dime at this point.

Yeah they even could have got a Ford OEM air cleaner. People like that.

Zaggnutt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol Thanks. We do what we gotta do. This was my first IDI and I made some mistakes. I will be going back through to update, fix, clean up, etc. I am glad I took the time to do what I've done right with painting parts that I removed before re-install but some things were fixed quickly and left as is as long as they worked. In the case of the PVC, it was much better for air flow than corrugated or flex pipe because of the lack of ribbing inside. Hopin' to put metal on there eventually and hopefully an intercooler. Just tryin' to get it to reliable running condition first. Then upgrades. You know how it is. That's why I hang out here. If I at least got a chuckle out of you then the pics were worth it!

Waystro

No Class
Reaction score
Lol Thanks. We do what we gotta do. This was my first IDI and I made some mistakes. I will be going back through to update, fix, clean up, etc. I am glad I took the time to do what I've done right with painting parts that I removed before re-install but some things were fixed quickly and left as is as long as they worked. In the case of the PVC, it was much better for air flow than corrugated or flex pipe because of the lack of ribbing inside. Hopin' to put metal on there eventually and hopefully an intercooler. Just tryin' to get it to reliable running condition first. Then upgrades. You know how it is. That's why I hang out here. If I at least got a chuckle out of you then the pics were worth it!

Throw some black(or your favorite color) paint on it and it'll look a lot better.

Reminds me of when I tried to fit a 4 inch piece of PVC for a cold air intake on my chevy needless to say it didn't turn out to good. LOL