86 F250 Deal

Reaction score
Fordsandguns;495356...there are no after market head light assembly options like for the earlier and the newer body styles.:confused::mad:[/QUOTE said:
"brick Nose" trucks have THE best alternate headlight option! Australian/S. American...

Attachments

• fvhbnm.jpg
    fvhbnm.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 13

adtman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"brick Nose" trucks have THE best alternate headlight option! Australian/S. American...

Is that a "brick nose"? I thought that style went from '87 to '91. This one looks like an '82 to '86. I know '80 and '81 have the same contours as the '82 to '86, but the grilles are different. My body style on my current F250 goes from '92 to '97 I thought. What is the nickname for the '80 to '86 trucks?

Fordsandguns

Fords Rule
Reaction score

Alright, what's the specs and where do you get them? Are those sealed beams? I thought that the sealed beams didn't have as good of output as the bulb type.

Fordsandguns

Fords Rule
Reaction score
Is that a "brick nose"? I thought that style went from '87 to '91. This one looks like an '82 to '86. I know '80 and '81 have the same contours as the '82 to '86, but the grilles are different. My body style on my current F250 goes from '92 to '97 I thought. What is the nickname for the '80 to '86 trucks?

Slant nose.

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Wow,.. Lot of "HATE" out there,..:rolleyes:

Yes that is a Brick Nose, The Australian Ford Trucks came with the sealed beam headlight setup, I am looking into this myself as part of a facelift procedure for Big Ed over the winter.

Clydesdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DeanStud .. we neeed to talk about the $300 truck.. things are pretty tight.. but it has a loving home waiting for it in one of two different trucks, either mine if/when my 6.9 powders, or fath in laws to replace his quart every 12 miles 7.3..

He was talking $1000 for a rebuild kit, and 3-5 in motor work... rather see him buyy a runner and stuff it in there, not much of a truck to be throwing the better part of 2k at.

208.724.7305 I answer to Clydesdale, BlackDog, or Kevin

ANd Bricknoses rule.... every time I think I want to change my clip.. Cain't do it.

bab029

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love the 80-86 style front clip.... have a fairly good one hidden away waiting on some initiative on my part...would love it on my 93...

Reaction score
The Australian Ford Trucks came with the sealed beam headlight setup, I am looking into this myself as part of a facelift procedure for Big Ed over the winter.

To clarify, the trucks were built in Brazil and exported to Australia. I had an old posting about it, and I will update the picture link and bump the thread to the top. Here is a link to the old thread on headlights;

http://www.oilburners.net/forums/showthread.php?t=19093

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seven4eight

Members online

No members online now.