86 F250 Deal

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
if it would run enough to get it on a car carrier and it was a 92-94 i will buy it today.

i just hate those brick noses

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A non running cc cab 4x4 is easily worth 1500 especially if you have a good motor. If that f250 were a 4 x4 you could easily turn a profit at 1200 if it were running. At 1200 I would walk unless it had a mint body that I was planning on using. You can probably turn a profit but you may endup sitting on parts for a little while.

adtman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A non running cc cab 4x4 is easily worth 1500 especially if you have a good motor. If that f250 were a 4 x4 you could easily turn a profit at 1200 if it were running. At 1200 I would walk unless it had a mint body that I was planning on using. You can probably turn a profit but you may endup sitting on parts for a little while.

That is kinda what I was thinking. I just don't know if I can afford to sit on parts for a while. I still haven't made up my mind completely. I do know the ATS turbo has been rebuilt, it looks like it has and they have the receipts. One of the oil coolers has been rebuilt too, the other one needs rebuilt. The one on the 6.9 is untouched and the one on the 93 has been rebuilt. So that is a total of 4 oil coolers...lol Anyway, I am mulling it around. I will get pics posted so that maybe opinions can be surmised more appropriately.

Fordsandguns

Fords Rule
Reaction score
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel_brad View Post
if it would run enough to get it on a car carrier and it was a 92-94 i will buy it today.

i just hate those brick noses Quote

Originally posted by fury9
I just hate them brick noses too Quote

Hey now, they aren't that bad!:backoffLOL

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel_brad View Post

i just hate those brick noses Quote

Originally posted by fury9
I just hate them brick noses too Quote

Hey now, they aren't that bad!:backoffLOL

i dislike them so much, if he gave me the truck I wouldnt pay to ship it back:eek:

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess I missed the part about the turbo. That kinda changes my input lol. Id probably get it. You would recoils most of your money fairly quickly with that.

Reaction score
Of coarse having a turbo would make it worth more, but I still don't see $1200 worth of parts in an '86 4x2. The OP says N/A but then mentions a turbo '93. I guess we need to more clearly understand what exactly he is looking at getting for the $1200.

To me, in order to part out an '86 ford truck that cost $1200, and expect to get my money back and then some, it would need to be a 4x4, have a turbo, and even a gear vendors before I felt I could make it worth the time and effort. Monetarily speaking.

I like the brick noses. Might even be my favorite of the bunch. BUT I would require the non chromed trim (cheaper?) type like mine is.

Attachments

• 0811071643.jpg
    0811071643.jpg
    359.5 KB · Views: 13
  • 0811071644.jpg
    0811071644.jpg
    371.4 KB · Views: 14

adtman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, I am taking pictures tomorrow if all goes according to plans. Here is a list of what the 1200 is getting.

1 - 1986 6.9 n/a C6 2 WD clean straight body no rust. The rear axle code is C9, I think it is limited slip 3.55 floating. I was told it does run, and I can hear it run before I buy it if I help fix the wiring. The transmission does not have 200 miles on it since it was rebuilt.

2 - 1993 7.3 idi w/ATS turbo and no injectors, motor only. Story on this is the pistons have holes. I cannot verify this yet. Motor has new ip, rebuilt oil cooler and the turbo was refurbished as well. It has sat for about 2 years in a shop covered up.

3 - Complete 2wd front end parts, all new for the 86 2wd 3/4 ton.

4 - Complete set of aluminium wheels for a 3/4 ton.

5 - 2 spare oil coolers.

6 - One set of D60 WARN manual locking hubs.

Maybe this will help with clarification before I post pics.

John

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
Of coarse having a turbo would make it worth more, but I still don't see $1200 worth of parts in an '86 4x2. The OP says N/A but then mentions a turbo '93. I guess we need to more clearly understand what exactly he is looking at getting for the $1200.

To me, in order to part out an '86 ford truck that cost $1200, and expect to get my money back and then some, it would need to be a 4x4, have a turbo, and even a gear vendors before I felt I could make it worth the time and effort. Monetarily speaking.

I like the brick noses. Might even be my favorite of the bunch. BUT I would require the non chromed trim (cheaper?) type like mine is.

I want that truck!

MUDKICKR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, I am taking pictures tomorrow if all goes according to plans. Here is a list of what the 1200 is getting.

1 - 1986 6.9 n/a C6 2 WD clean straight body no rust. The rear axle code is C9, I think it is limited slip 3.55 floating. I was told it does run, and I can hear it run before I buy it if I help fix the wiring. The transmission does not have 200 miles on it since it was rebuilt.

2 - 1993 7.3 idi w/ATS turbo and no injectors, motor only. Story on this is the pistons have holes. I cannot verify this yet. Motor has new ip, rebuilt oil cooler and the turbo was refurbished as well. It has sat for about 2 years in a shop covered up.

3 - Complete 2wd front end parts, all new for the 86 2wd 3/4 ton.

4 - Complete set of aluminium wheels for a 3/4 ton.

5 - 2 spare oil coolers.

6 - One set of D60 WARN manual locking hubs.

Maybe this will help with clarification before I post pics.

John

now that is a deal no matter what anyone says.

Fordsandguns

Fords Rule
Reaction score
Don't know what ford was smokin' in the '80s when they came up with that one. Glad I'm back down to only havin' one.

Adrianspeeder

I used to not like them but they grew on me having owned a few.
The one thing I do hate is that there are no after market head light assembly options like for the earlier and the newer body styles.:confused::mad:

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
I love brick nose trucks, i guess because i first learned to drive in my 89 when it use to be my dads