86 f250 4x4 front end problem

toolhead81

Reaction score
I just can't see spending that kind of money for something I will seldom ever use. My 4wd works great the few times I've used it. I don't go offroad. I drive the truck to work sometimes and hauling normal stuff.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just can't see spending that kind of money for something I will seldom ever use. My 4wd works great the few times I've used it. I don't go offroad. I drive the truck to work sometimes and hauling normal stuff.
New bushings and ball joints will make a significant change in SAFETY, ride and longevity of tyres and pleasure driving.

Spending the money on the safety aspect alone...is a worthwhile investment in my mind.

Swap to a D60 is only worth while if you have a need for that level of Axle...

A correctly functioning TTB is adequate for most applications especially a DD vehicle with seldom used 4x.

JM2CW

dunk

Dunce
Reaction score

I don't know about you but I use my front axle for steering and suspension every day. D60 swap is not so much about 4x4 as it is about a simple reliable axle without so many wear points. I've bought 60s for anywhere from $300-$800, typically in the $300-$500 range. If your TTB needs a full rebuild a 60 is less work and probably not much more money. It will last longer between servicing and time and money invested in wear parts over the years/miles will be less. For example, run a king pin axle and you can save a ton of money on alignments and ball joints over the life of the truck, tires too if you let it get as bad as it sounds. Some people like the TTB and don't mind all the extra time and money spent on them, but I prefer the once and done approach to long term savings. To each his own.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrannonB

Members online