80-86 day glow dash gauges?

diesel4me2

Camping is more importanter!
Reaction score
so i just summited to have my dash gauges reengineered into white face/ reverse glow. like all the new trucks have. would any one else be instered in them. thoughts, comments, good, bad, otherwise. i like my led set up, but it's just not bright enough for me. heres a link to there site so you can see what i'm talking about www.streetracerparts.com/.
chris

slicknic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like them. I would be interested in a new option for my gauges. the stock green dull glow just doesnt cut it

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Oh so they are overlays. I have those on my eclipse and love them. You just cant beat the brightness of inlayed optics.

WildWest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive taken 73-87 chevy clusters and painted the blue inside pieces with that cheap chrome spray paint stuff to make it a whiter brighter light.

Ive been really pleased with the results. Might think about that.

Also there are different watt wedge bulbs assuming ford uses the same type

82F100SWB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't understand the reasoning behind having the dash lights bright... Bright enough to make out where the needles point is plenty, the brighter the lights are, the more it reduces what you can see outside of the truck, your eyes adjust to the brighter light, and are less able to make out things in the dark.
I run with my dash lights very nearly off.

82F100SWB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

That's what stock guages SHOULD look like with all good bulbs, clean connections, and a dimmer switch in good repair. That's my 460 truck in the pic, but, my diesel looks pretty much the same.
Dim dash lights are usually due to poor connections and old bulbs. It's worth the time to pull the cluster and clean all the connections.

greythorn3

wheelordie.com
Reaction score
nice light your getting from them.. dont forget to check your BODY ground too! that can make a huge difference.

Ray

diesel4me2

Reaction score
WOW those are bright! if i was dealing with that i would be a happy camper.
i've pulled the dash, cleaned the grounds, and connections, painted the backside of the bezel with reflective paint, put 194 bulbs in, then put 4 bulb leds in each socket, still not bright enough for me, i even painted the needles florusent orange thinking that if i could at least glance down and get a refference that would be better, but alas, tis not for me. time to upgrade.
chris

diesel4me2

Reaction score
thats what i'm looking into right now, as it stands they don't make them, but i asked them to. it's under review at this time.
chris