7.8 lift pump question!

ford_fanatic

Reaction score
Hey guys I have an 89 7.8, the lift pump went out on it. Does anybody know the psi and gph I need to supply that with to use and electric pump? Or is it interchangeable with a lift pump from a 91 or newer 7.8? And does the pump can care if there is no lift pump there or with that **** it all up, I mean the pumps on Cummins have the spot just plugged, just not sure if it's relying on it to keep it in place or not since I don't know what is on the inside of that plug. Thanks

austin92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look in the tech articles. There's a few nice write ups on how to install a facet duralift lift pump. That's the last lift pump you'll ever buy.
You must be registered for see images attach
here's mine

7.3 btw....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ford_fanatic

Reaction score
Yes this motor is a 7.8 Brazilian diesel with l6 with the Bosch p-pump, I know what the idis need pressure and volume wise, just not the p-pump, just to be clear

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Many with just a hot ip have issues with the facet keeping up.
With a 7.8, I bet that thing needs more fuel.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

ford_fanatic

Reaction score
Yeah they make facets that move more fuel and much Boyne pressure than you need for am idi rotary pump, just not sure on what required with that p-pump

ford_fanatic

Reaction score
Yeah I was gonna call one tomorrow, can't find one on line through any of the agents parts places I usually find parts at

austin92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ah, never mentioned what truck it was in. Figured it was a typo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
I mean it could be close, or work well enough. But for the price, I would make sure first. Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

ford_fanatic

Reaction score
Yeah and I wouldn't think and pump from a p-pump wouldn't work they are all the same housing pretty much as per model just different applications, I would think the difference is mostly the line layout which isn't a big deal to replum but not sure

mikeboggess

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 91' F250 I.D.I. and the best accessory I have installed is a Facet Duralift electric fuel pump. Easy to install and the regulators are readily available at your local auto parts stores. These pumps have different inlet/outlet combo's. They aren't cheap, I finally found one for under $90.00.

ford_fanatic

Reaction score
No from what I've finally found threw more digging I need about 25 psi and 50 gph so no facet for me, it's a 7.8 Brazilian diesel out of a medium duty for truck with bosch p-pump

mikeboggess

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you called Facet, they make pumps and market them worldwide, could be they have something for you.