7.5 & 7.3 alternator

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Not sure which type 7.5 alternator you are looking at, but even the stoutest one is only 95 amp and that would not be real great for keeping your batts up, the smaller ones are only 75 and might leave you calling AAA mid summer if running teh AC. I think theres a list in the parts bin area of teh site that shows some cars that have high output alternators that interchange with the 130 amp 3g alternators

farriswheel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ah im not worried about amperage. Im talking about the actual alternator fitting.

My sound system draws around 500 amps. yes, i have clamped it at that.

Im on a budget. I found a site that has one listed for the 7.5, 250 amp. not what I need, but all I can affford. And it will charge better than my stock.

It looked the same, jw if it would fit my 7.3.

Compu Doc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok 220 amp, here it is

http://www.dbelectrical.com/p-4906-...-alternator-88-89-90-91-92-93-94-7749-11.aspx

I would like to run a dual alternator setup. I would use the stock alt to power everything except my subwoofer amp. And have the other going straight to my sub amp batteries, and nothing else. I can more than likely make the brackets, just figuring out how to set it up.

Contact an ambulance manufacturer they can probably sell you a complete setup for a secondary alternator that will bolt on.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
ok 220 amp, here it is

http://www.dbelectrical.com/p-4906-...-alternator-88-89-90-91-92-93-94-7749-11.aspx

I would like to run a dual alternator setup. I would use the stock alt to power everything except my subwoofer amp. And have the other going straight to my sub amp batteries, and nothing else. I can more than likely make the brackets, just figuring out how to set it up.

That one doesn't look like it would bolt up. If you have teh serpentine setup I know my local rebuilder can take a 3g and kick it up as far as 200 amps safely. I was talking to him the other day. He rigs them up for local ambulances and rescue squad vehicles.. If you want more than that get a Leece Neville and fabricate a separete brackate