7.3 water separator

bluecollar

Reaction score
The drain valve at the bottom of my water separator has developed a nasty leak lately so I checked it out and now it's worse. There's a little nut on the inside that seems to hold a threaded brass fitting going through the bottom and I can't get this thing to stop leaking. Just my luck as I was trying to get that little nut loose I accidentaly bent the head of that little spring loaded (looks like a shrader valve) too. Can someone tell me my options here. Rebuildable, or buy the whole bowl from the dealer or maybe get a used one or what. When I put it back together I didn't see the little spring loaded valve leak but that drain valve is putting a steady stream out while truck is running.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
K.I.S.S........:D
go down to your local competent parts house and get yourself a Wix 33617 feul filter. It's a all-in-one unit and your drain issues will be forever gone:thumbsup:

Attachments

• 06-27-06_2142.jpg
    06-27-06_2142.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 18

swampdigger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice!!!! My water separator has been bypassed....

What do one of those babies cost?

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice!!!! My water separator has been bypassed....

What do one of those babies cost?
dunno.
i used to be in the parts biz. i got no clue what the avg moke pays for these. Irregardless, they are priceless in the manner that they get rid of a whole host of issues plauging the older feul filters for years. Oh yea, the extra "hole" is for the water in feul sensor.

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
At our local Napa, they were like $27 for installer. Check www.filter1.com as they generally are cheaper, but I haven't checked this one yet. I usually order 6 or more and get free shipping. At any rate, it was money well spent to get rid of the lower fuel bowl blues, and mine didn't leak or anything, just tough to change.

Last edited:

Exekiel69

Reaction score
The cost about $16 each from filter1.com, and they are well worth it I have one filtering wvo for about 10k miles now.

bluecollar

Reaction score
Thanks for the help! Napa had the filter and no worries with the leaks now. You guys kick badonkadonk!! :thumbsup:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntjapkes

Members online