7.3 Serial #?

Vintage465

Reaction score
So I've nailed down an engine that I was led to believe is a 7.3 IDI Interim Turbo, that is 40,000 miles from a rebuild by some place called Diesel Dealers. Now that I have it I can see that it likely wasn't an interim Turbo Engine as it looks like someone added the parts from one to make the engine turbo'd. Now I'm kind of wondering what I actually have. I'm pulling some stuff off the engine to change all the gaskets and I found a brass tag at the front left(drivers)side of the engine with the numbers 98622 in beautiful old school script print and just under the last two numbers there is "RM2" in real small standard printing. Read something on a post in 2015 that the brass tag is usually from a re-manufacturing company? I'm going to pull the heads and hope that there is not a ridge. There should be little or no ridge if it is 40,000 miles from a rebuild.

Thoughts?

V465

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They are still around iirc, I’ve been in a few of there engines. You could probably call them and get some info on it.

Vintage465

Reaction score
They are still around iirc, I’ve been in a few of there engines. You could probably call them and get some info on it.

Sorry for my ignorance, but what does "iirc" mean? Also, I can't find them on the internet and the number that is on the decal on the engine says it's to a freight or shipping agency.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online