7.3 powerstroke standalone wiring harness?

compressionignitionrules

Full Access Member
Reaction score
picked up a minty 97 fseries crewcab interior coupel weeks back and the seller is building a large mud truck . he is using the 7.3 powerstroke and chassis from the truck, has his 2.5 ton rockwell axles and remote T case. he is bugging me for info on stand alone harness'

I can't find any good info online anywhere, so I thought I would try here . I would liek to put a 7.3 powerstroke in my 78 Bronco in the future but I will use a 7.3/4R100 and will need a complete harness.

for this guy a simplified harness would be perfect he is putting a manual trans behind the 7.3 and has a modified 39 Cadillac body made into a pickup cab. it actually looks kind of cool, but only usefull as a toy!

any tips or info or links would be appreciated. this guy is still young and has no kids and a very supportive girlfriend so project might just get built...............

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Either look into the t444e setup, or hit the forums harder.
Look up mark fugazzotto on YouTube. He shows some tips.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

FarmerFrank

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bigger problem I found when looking into standalone harness/ ecm was that it's an international thing only (t444e). Most of those are only set to 190hp and you can't chip them to get anymore out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the closest to "standalone" is running a harness from a Econoline van. those aren't as dependent on using the same gauge cluster as the F-series.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mark fugazzoto took my stock wiring harness, and converted it for $200.
still has the OBD port, and all your stock IDM CPU BS.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online