7.3 Oil Filters

BrianX128

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been searching for a bit this afternoon and can't seem to find this things micron rating anywhere

austin92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been searching for a bit this afternoon and can't seem to find this things micron rating anywhere

I would call rural king, tell them the p/n filter you want and have them find the micron rating.

1983 f350 6.9 zf5 2wd srw single cab long bed. Facet duralift, optima red tops, bfg all terrains, 4" exhaust from y pipe back, autometer z series pyro, pump turned up 2 flats

BrianX128

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I called them and they replied that "it filters the same as factory specs" which I think is a load of crap answer honestly. So I did some more searching on the Donaldson filter and I read a couple of threads on some other sites where some questioned whether it's increased micron filtration would restrict oil flow in our engines. Anyone here use one of those regularly? I read enough positive reviews from psd users of it keeping the oil more "honey" colored then pure black and a couple of idi users said the same, but I always like to get a couple of thumbs up from here as well before I experiment. Especially when nothing is broken and I'm only shooting for more improvements.

austin92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I called them and they replied that "it filters the same as factory specs" which I think is a load of crap answer honestly. So I did some more searching on the Donaldson filter and I read a couple of threads on some other sites where some questioned whether it's increased micron filtration would restrict oil flow in our engines. Anyone here use one of those regularly? I read enough positive reviews from psd users of it keeping the oil more "honey" colored then pure black and a couple of idi users said the same, but I always like to get a couple of thumbs up from here as well before I experiment. Especially when nothing is broken and I'm only shooting for more improvements.

Well that sucks, I would've pushed for a micron rating and told them that was a bs answer just to get my off the phone lol. I've read some people had higher oil pressure with those Donaldsons but I don't have personal experience with them yet

1983 f350 6.9 zf5 2wd srw single cab long bed. Facet duralift, optima red tops, bfg all terrains, 4" exhaust from y pipe back, autometer z series pyro, pump turned up 2 flats

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online