7.3 IDI Injector o-ring question

bradrob82

Martinsburg Fireman
Reaction score
I pulled a bad injector off of my truck the other day and when i examined it closer the o-ring didnt come out with it, do you all know any tips or tricks to get them out so i can put the new injector in. I read Mel's advice for servicing the injectors, but it didnt discuss that aspect. Also have any of you all seen the battery amp guage jump when you are waiting for the "wait to start light" to turn off, mine does it all the time, it also clicks alot when it does that, it has new batteries and a new alternator.

pafixitman

Reaction score
I assume you are asking about the copper washer. Use a dental pick or small screwdriver and go fishing.

Click and voltage jump is normal.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Take another copper washer and try to find a streight blade screwdriver that will jam into it nicely. You should be able to poke that in there and dig it out.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
As mentioned there is no o-ring sealing the injector in it's bore there is only a copper washer that seals at the injector nozzle to cylinder head. It's not uncommon for this copper washer to stay in the head - as mentioned either use a screwdriver or pick to retrieve it.

Now as for the jumping (dancing) voltage gauge - what you're seeing is the action of the glow plug controller cycling the glow plugs. The glow plugs take a ton of current to heat up and it shows on the voltage gauge.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk

Members online