7.3 idi coolant in oil

robert snodgrass

Reaction score
I have a 91 ford f 250 with a 7.3 with 68000 on it and I bought it 8 years ago and right after I bought it it started mixing oil with coolant wasn’t to worried bout it figured it was an oil cooler so after bout 2 weeks I changed oil whichlooked like it had been awile after that worst fears started I started gettingcoolant in my oil so I parked it which brings me to today 8 years later I now have the money and means to work on it so I took out oil cooler out re sealed itpressure tested it dumped oil changed and flushed coolant crossed fingers andstarted truck sucker started right up ran just as fantastic as before after 8years of sitting ran it on off fore rest of day ranging between 10 minuets to hrs checking oil in between all was perfect till the next weekend went to start truckbut before I started it checked the oil and the dreaded water in oil again I need to know what u guys think no coolant in exhaust doesn’t run bad no excess pressure in radiator no symptoms at all other then the water in oil and it only leaks into the oil when not running and that is where I am lost I did hear agurgling noise today when I was adding water to it to try and pinpoint leakdon’t know to much history on truck other then the guy I got it from didn’treally know much bout them and couldn’t afford to do annything to it and I don’t believe he was running sca he was second owner before that it was afarm truck and was bought new I am leaning towards head gaskets and orwater pump which has rtv all the way around it sorry bout long post ideas welcome

Whitewhale24v

Reaction score
GhinkThi head gaskets too my friend. Go to O'Rielly, and get a rad pressure gauge. Then you will know for sure what's going on.