7.3 hard warm start

genchowford

genchowford
Reaction score
very hard to start after warmed up and set for about 30 minutes. has good batteries and starter and gps berus. must be air leak some where but can't find it. Have installed clear line just before main fuel filter and sometimes can see little bubble works it way in there back from the filter when not running. But no bubbles when running. Have check valves. Must be a small leak somewhere on the returns or the hard line from the filter to the ip. starts easy when cold or up to 5 minutes after warmed up.
thanks for help

4x4TruckinGirl

"Cowgirl"
Reaction score
Might be yer IP ...... if your sure it's NOTHING else but your IP you can take some lukewarm water and pour it on top of your pump after it's set for the 30 minutes or whatever and if the truck starts up significantly better it the pump, but I wouldn't do that until you rule everything else out cause it's not too good for the IP from what i've been told.......

Smokey73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just went through the same thing. I put a rebuilt pump on and started having the same problem. I ran clear fuel lines and found the the few air bubbles that were present didn't seem to make any difference. I would suggest however, replace all the return o'rings, caps, lines and even the olive seals on the feed lines.http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-Diesel-6-9-7-3-Pump-Injector-Return-Line-Kit_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3286Q2em20Q2el1116QQhashZitem5630957e5eQQitemZ370182291038QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories I finally pulled the pump and took it back to the shop where I got. They bench tested it, and it passed!!! They gave me a new pump anyways, and all is well.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Members online