6X6 Question

jstock

Reaction score
I am not much of a mechanic, so go easy on me, just have some ideas.
Is there a good way to make it possible for a
M35A2 W/ W, 2 ½ TON, 6 X6 POWERED BY 6 CYLINDER LDT-465 MULTIFUEL ENGINE, FIVE-SPEED MANUAL OVERDRIVE TRANSMISSION, TWO-SPEED TRANSFER CASE.
to go 60 to 80 mph ?
Would not need to maintain 6X6 capability. Would be a road truck, but would see snow. I assume RWD would be sufficient due to the weight of the vehicle. Would the top speed increase if the front drive and one of rear drives were disconnected and maybe change some gearing ? Would a different trans and rear end be needed ?
Again, I know this is probabaly a stupid idea and would not be worth the cost. Thanks for your time.

BENZIN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
perhaps a otr truck tranny with a higher internal gears with a high-low rang selector could do it :dunno

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
Flat out impossible and even more dangerous.55MPH-60MPH max speed.You could make it go that fast if you put whole new axles under it but why......

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Look at the design of the truck...it's for OFF road and mild on road.....

Go buy a semi if you want OTR

tgatch

Reaction score
Anything much over 60 would be scary. Even though you could probably figure out a way to make it go faster, it just would not be safe.

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
Lets see,6 wheel drum brakes,Single circuit(you lose one line anywhere you lose 100% braking),6.72 gears,7 tons,aerodynamics of a barn(forget the barn door!),Tires designed in the 40s(ok,you can upgrade these easily!),bearings that were rated for 55MPH max speed,Hearing protection required at all times even with a muffler,134HP at the crank,manual steering,super stiff leaf springs front and rear,No AC,No Heat(the heaters that some trucks have is only there to shut the DOT up on clearing frozen or fogged windshields.You get more heat through the holes in teh fire wall and floor pan.But with all this they still get better fuel mileage than a lot of trucks from pickup to peterbilts at 10-12MPG.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7