65hp

445TDF-series

Reaction score
Had a new air and fuel filter put in... Truck was timed last year... Had a reputable shop time it...came back to me a bit more diesely sounding...

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
you must be nazifornia? we don't test diesel's here and if we did i burn B100 for the test let them figure those numbers out?

Welcome to the site...............

PS fill out your signature

445TDF-series

Reaction score
For some reason i save my signature and it won't show up :dunno Truck is a 92 with 240,000 on the clock ZF5 7.3 with an aurora turbo...

big jake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you must be nazifornia? we don't test diesel's here and if we did i burn B100 for the test let them figure those numbers out?

Welcome to the site...............

PS fill out your signature

no testing on diesels here in California.........

big jake

445TDF-series

Reaction score
Wonderful foothills of colorado... aircare kills you every year on emissions... very stringent... Original IP and injectors to my knowledge. Bought the truck in '99. Is there any way to find out if they are remans or not??

dbarilow

over worked
Reaction score
throw in a pyro and crank it up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! did I mention !!!!!! just turn it back at testing time. When someone complains just power brake some black cloud at them and laugh HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA

445TDF-series

Reaction score
It has a pyro...with the less smoke tuned pump, it runs at 800* losing a lot of speed on an 8% down to around 40 and dropping by the top... i got it to 850* but it was on the floor and i had to let up... I don't mind a little smoke, but to go anywhere faster than i do now, it likes to leave a cloud dark as can be... on the hills, there is a haze that follows me, and people still pass me. With it turned up, the truck can hold 65 and it drops to 60 on steeper parts headed into the rocky mtns emtpy...hooked a trailer to test, and well, lets just say i ended up having someone else haul it....

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you ever seen the aneroid smoke puff limiter made by hypermax and perhaps ATS too? It is used to keep smoke within acceptable limits until you get enough boost to completely burn your diesel. You probably ought to be able to get closer to 1000*F on the pyro and 10-12psi boost, that is assuming that your pyro is on the hot side of the turbo(pre turbo). At 240K miles on the clock, you probably really need a new pump and probably injectors too. They might be oozing fuel in there more than injecting it. That will definitely cause excessive emissions.

445TDF-series

Reaction score
i noticed random clouds of gray smoke without warning. I will be driving along and a gray cloud will just start to follow me.... And if i am running at high rpms then go to shift...the time between gear changing the motor leaves a trail of gray smoke.... sounds like ip and injector time ?

Exekiel69

Reaction score
i noticed random clouds of gray smoke without warning. I will be driving along and a gray cloud will just start to follow me.... And if i am running at high rpms then go to shift...the time between gear changing the motor leaves a trail of gray smoke.... sounds like ip and injector time ?

Yes very much, but do You run any additives? Power service, stanadyne or the like?

445TDF-series

Reaction score
tried the white bottle p/s and didn't notice any difference, smoke looked brown-er. I am currently using the ford stuff.... cetane booster. No difference there either. Using it just for lubrication since the EPA took the lubrication properties of diesel and took them away...:mad:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online