6.9L IDI Diesel Install in an F150

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Moog makes aftermarket camber adjusters if you need to get the tires straighter. I used them in my truck when I did the 2" lift.

Averysm09

Reaction score
Old thread I know, but am thinking about moving my 7.3 IDI into my Bronco. I see that you're one of the only people that kept the TTB in the 1/2 ton. How is the front end holding up with all of that extra weight? I'm going from a 302 in the Bronco and haven't started anything yet. Just working on the plans in my head so far....

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Old thread I know, but am thinking about moving my 7.3 IDI into my Bronco. I see that you're one of the only people that kept the TTB in the 1/2 ton. How is the front end holding up with all of that extra weight? I'm going from a 302 in the Bronco and haven't started anything yet. Just working on the plans in my head so far....

2wd is easy

Swap 3/4ton beams and brakes in for that special 8 bolt wheel

Have ton fronts take it just dont hammer on it...some good 3/4 or 1 ton coils can help w sag...

Just sayin

IDIDieselJohn

0-60....eventually
Reaction score
The F150 I swapped this 6.9 in is 2wd.

All original front end, only thing I did was swap in 2wd F350 Diesel coil springs, witch bolt right in place of the half ton ones. Ride height was the same and everything.

Everything is holding up no problem.

I redid the entire front end 6 years ago when I first bought this truck, haven't touched it since and i've put about 45k miles on it (about 10k so far with the diesel in it), and everything is still nice and tight. I grease everything every single oil change (about 3-4k miles intervals).

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin

Members online