6.9 and 7.3 IDI Engine Reseal and Rebuild Kits

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Greetings Oilburners! Today I am very happy to announce another new product line from Classic Diesel Designs, we now can supply anything you need for your winter rebuild, using only the highest quality parts that have been proven with our own engine rebuilds. Over the years, I have found what aftermarket parts perform better than oem, and what do not. These kits have a combination of the best components from Motorcraft, Felpro, Mahle, Delphi, Sealed Power and Timken. Below is the breakdown of what comes with these kits and their costs, this is just an outline of what is available so if needed we can pick and choose from these products to best suit your project. These kits will be 10% off all orders between now and the end of the year.

Engine reseal kit includes:
  • 6.9 style Felpro head gaskets
  • Updated Valley pan
  • Intake manifold plenum gasket
  • MLS Exhaust manifold gaskets
  • Valve cover gaskets
  • Updated 6.9 style valve stem seals
  • Water outlet gasket
  • Thermostat housing gasket
  • GFR return caps and lines
  • Viton injector o-rings
  • Injector copper washers
  • Turbo flange gasket
  • Updated oil cooler kit
  • Viton/PTFE front and rear main seals with installation tools
  • Water pump gasket
  • Motorcraft thermostat
$350 Shipped to continental US

My rering kit includes everything from the reseal kit as well as:
  • Sealed power rings
  • Main bearings
  • Connecting rod bearings
  • Cam bearings
  • Lifter set
$1150 shipped to continental US

Upgrades such as Comp 910-16 valve springs are available for $85, ARP head stud kits for the 6.9 IDI for $250 and for the 7.3 IDI for $500. These head stud kits are drop in, no modifications to the valve train is needed for clearance, and come with instructions and ARP lubricant.

Complete rebuild kits are available and are catered to your specific build, since not every rebuild is the same and costs vary with oversizing pistons and bearings, I will work with you to be sure you have everything you need for your IDI build!

Keep an eye out for more products from Classic Diesel Designs, including turn key crate engines coming in 2019!

-Wes

cardana24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey man,
Just getting back to you on the head gasket stuff. I am looking at the Fel-pro head set about $100 on rockauto. I have added some notes in parenthesis below. What does your kit come with that the Fel-pro kit does not come with? Some of the stuff is obvious, but looking at the small picture provided by Fel-pro I cannot tell what all of the parts are. At this point at a minimum I would like to get the return line kit and glow plug harness from you.

Engine reseal kit includes:
  • 6.9 style Felpro head gaskets
  • Updated Valley pan (What is the point of this and how do I know if I need it?)
  • Intake manifold plenum gasket
  • MLS Exhaust manifold gaskets
  • Valve cover gaskets
  • Updated 6.9 style valve stem seals
  • Water outlet gasket
  • Thermostat housing gasket
  • GFR return caps and lines
  • Viton injector o-rings
  • Injector copper washers
  • Turbo flange gasket
  • Updated oil cooler kit (I already have new o-rings for the oil cooler)
  • Viton/PTFE front and rear main seals with installation tools (I am not planning on doing the front or rear main seals unless they are leaking)
  • Water pump gasket (I already have a water pump with gasket)
  • Motorcraft thermostat

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What’s the part number for the fel pro kit you are looking at? I can get you a list of what’s included with that. As far as picking and choosing what you need, that’s totally fine. These kits are put together for someone who wants to just buy one thing and have everything they need to have what they need to go through the heads etc. I’ll sell you one valve cover gasket if that’s all you need.

The valley pan gasket acts as the intake manifold gasket, lifter valley gasket and the baffle for the cdr system. The updated valley pan is a reference to a technical bulletin for the factory turbo engines, in 93 when the turbos were introduced the valley pan baffle was modified to accommodate the extra flow from the turbo drain, this is why you need to punch holes in the baffle when installing a turbo on a na engine, after ford released the new part number they stopped producing the older na style, the aftermarket followed suit and only produces the turbo style valley pans. Not really a big deal but all of the cheap valley pans available online are old stock that is leftover from before the part number change, that’s why I specify that it’s the updated part because I am selling new parts that haven’t been sitting in a warehouse for a few decades, they are still useable but any seal is going to last longer if it is brand new and hasn’t aged already. I could sell these kits at half the price if I just bought up old leftover stock but I’ve had issues with old stock parts. As far as if you need it, I like to replace them whenever the intake manifold comes off, you can technically reuse them but I just prefer not to.

If you don’t need main seals, water pump gasket etc just let me know and I’ll set you up with just the parts you need.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay from their website it has:
Head gaskets
Valve cover gaskets
Valve seals
Injector O rings
Thermostat gasket
Water outlet gasket
Exhaust manifold gaskets