6.4 twin turbo

tbirdfiend281

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so tonight i took our commercial salesmens demo F350 Superduty crew cab long bed 4x4 6.4TT out for a spin tonight.

these trucks run smooth there powerful, but its comparable to a 6.0 maybe a hair faster, but they are tons quieter. the low end torque has improved greatly, the lower revs the 6.0s seemed to bog out at the 6.4 comes on strong

full boost on the truck is 35psi give or take a few pounds per squar inch here or there

i cant tell if it rides a little better but they have changed the suspension, it seems to be more nimble then before, even though its a heavyer truck.

cruising is insane, you can be doing 90 and it will feel like 50, i had to keep my eye on the tach or it would just climb and climb

i hope these trucks turn out well, they have certainly put alot of effort into them

jharvey

Shutter Bug
Reaction score
I really hope that the 6.4 turns out to be the beast it has been built up to be :thumbsup:

Best looking truck out there, next to mine of course :rotflmao

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hope they do well with the 6.4TT in the new Superduties and avoid the problems of the 6.0......Hope Ford turns around financially too. They are very quiet and I like some of the other changes they made.

Hopefully I can afford a nice used 2009 or 2010 model in about 10 years:D

CHPMustang

OilBurners Staff
Reaction score
The wife and I took out an FX4 this past Saturday and all we could say was "wow!" been a long time since a new truck has made an impression like the 2008.

There's definitely a parking space for a 6.4L in our near future;Sweet

tbirdfiend281

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the down low just comes on big time, that tt helps, they are going to be a ***** to work on, but i guess ill adapt, like i did with the 6.0, im sure ill just get use to them, and get real good at them

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the down low just comes on big time, that tt helps, they are going to be a ***** to work on, but i guess ill adapt, like i did with the 6.0, im sure ill just get use to them, and get real good at them

Quite frankly I hope you don't get used to working on them and that it's a rare sight to see in the shop:D .

Local stealership is pushing ******* them and I get ganged up on everytime I cruise through the lot in one of my duallies, especially the 2000 Lariat LE......They havn't figured out I take the long way to the parts dept past all the new Superduties yet just so I can watch them run accross the lot:rotflmao :rotflmao

Nickbf2504x4

ATV Racr-IDI Driver
Reaction score
Just to set things straight the title of the thread should be 6.4 Sequential turbo, right? not Twin! so I guess it'd be 6.4 ST

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
well its the same sort of set up as what most people call twins on cummins true though most are not identical twins but it sounds cooler

Mont91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The word twin means two items that are the same. Either Identical or mirror image. Calling the turbos on the 6.4 twins means that I can call Diesel fuel and gasoline the same because they both are used in internal combustion engines.

One turbo is larger than the other--not identical--not mirror image
One turbo has internal controls-----not identical--not mirror image
not used for the same purpose-----not identical--not mirror image

I could possibly go along with twins if they were physically identical( you would still need to say sequential twins) but the only thing they share is they are both technically turbo chargers.

As you can see I am a little legalistic when it comes to terminology.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online