5th wheel trailer to Gooseneck?'s

Fullsize4life

Now with More Smoke
Reaction score
Anyone know a easy way to convert a 5th wheel trailer over to gooseneck? My new rig already has a gooseneck ball in it and my jeep hauler is a 5th wheel. I would like to have it so i can pull both with out haveing the rails in my bed. I know it can be done but where is the adapter avaible at?

Thanks

Fullsize4life

Now with More Smoke
Reaction score
Yup thanks. Im looking to do it as cheap as possible. I will look into it.

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FWI. If you are do this to a new 5th wheel RV you will void the warranty on the frame for most, if not all RV manufacturers.

Fullsize4life

Now with More Smoke
Reaction score
It is for my jeep hauler. It is been modded and reinforced a lot for hauling tractors and 2 jeeps at a time.

The cheapest one so far has been 330.00. Im thinkng i might just mod a goose neck drop down and weld it to my trailer.

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Something likethis?

http://www.rvpartscenter.com/ProductDetail.asp?PID=19742&SID=16&DID=44&CID=253

That is the exact same one that I use. I have had it for 6 years, works great. I have had it on 2 different 5th wheels. I like it because you don't have to mess with hauling the 5th wheel hitch in and out every time you use it. It does make it a little harder to back in and hook it up, but as far as performance you won't know a difference

They show up on E-bay used sometimes a little cheaper.

PackRat

Buzzard Pilot
Reaction score
My old 76 Prowler had a Bulldog coupler tube welded onto the front of the neck. I suppose if I ever wanted to, I could drop the ball coupler out, and still use the kingpin. Of course, mine is old enough that the neck is a straight drop, instead of offset like the newer ones.

Fullsize4life

Now with More Smoke
Reaction score
I got a new gooseneck head coming this week, along with a peice of 9" channel. Im just going to mod my trailer into a goose neck. After looking at it i dont think it will be all that hard. Plus most of my parts will be next to free with the different favors people owe me.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
If you are going to weld one up , if you can still change your mind on the gooseneck head, Atwood makes one that is completely different than all the regular gooseneck couplers. You don't have to get right under the thing like a bumper pull ball, but you actually back into the thing like a 5th wheel hitch . it you have about a 5" wide to play with to line up the ball and just back it under.
I bought a carhauler with one and now I'm going to get one of the couplers and have it rigged to my gooseneck adapter that is on my 5er. Saves a ton of headache hooking up
The coupler is #75025 and the coupler with the upright post is75401
Best of both worlds the ease of a 5th wheel to hitch up and the extra articulation of a gooseneck to keep everything out of a bind ;Sweet

Fullsize4life

Now with More Smoke
Reaction score
Already got it and started the conversion. Hope to have it done next week.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle