$500 PSD

1800joedaddy

Reaction score
Ok, So I've got the "Goat" (95 swd f250 97'PSD ZF 5spd 4.10 peg-leg) running. Now I don't want to do the swap, working on it has now given me a reason to keep it as a project. So far I've replaced the pass side inj. GP harness, changed oil, filter, fuel filter, and built custom exhaust and air intake from scrap. I have a smidge over $600 invested and it runs good. I still have a miss that I can't diagnose, when I changed the FF I drained the bowl and refilled w/Lucas inj cleaner. It ran funny for a bit then smoothed like a brand new engine. After a few miles the miss returned. I relubed the harness connectors w/Di-grease thinking it had a bad connector, didn't change. Re-filled the bowl w/Seafoam this time w/same result, runs smooth like baby's bottom. Then the miss returned.

Help! I thought I had a bad inj because it runs rough then smooths when cold but why would the miss go completely away when the bowl is full of cleaner then return when it's full of fuel?

My plans are to build a project truck for cheap, as in less than 2g's including purchase then tour w/the Mega $ boys and compete in the events. I know the deck is stacked but this will be fun and interesting. If I can save my inj how much power can be had w/stock inj? How much power can the fac turbo build? I'm a good fabricator and am already building a better Y-pipe for the intake and am trying to locate some cheap/downloads or chips or a hacker that can do it.

Any advice or ideas are welcome but please don't say it can't be done.

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You will only get about an extra 70 hp out of a set of stock injectors.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online