351m

bigblue85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
351m starts and dies after about 5 seconds... Points? vacuum problems? cant figure it out. has brand new carb....fuel lines... sending unit...

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
will it stay running if you keep it reved up? will fire right back up and run good? need some more info

bigblue85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it will die if you touch the gas too... also it will start up after a few cranks... but it has a new carb on it so i know its not carb issues

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
cant ever be too sure about that carb. have some one start it and look down in the carb to make sure its pumping gas down threw it. im trying to think of what it could be. ive been around old fords like this all my life and never seen one do this. im stumped

bigblue85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i know its pumpin gas you can hear it when you push down the pedal through the accellerator pump. especially when you look down the carb when its running its getting gas for sure. like i said it was running and driving beforehand then just stopped and wont run worth a darn it will just start and die now.... im thinking points or vacuum leak

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
i dont think the point would cause it but just check em to see if there burnt or not. take a piece of emory paper and try to clean them. take ether to check for vacuum leaks.

bigblue85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
me too. i just dont understand it. i wish more people would get on the gasser forum too because i love the old ford big block and fe series... i know alot about them i just cant figure out why this happened lol

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
i just hit new posts at the top and every new post in any forum shows up. i just cant think of anything that would cause it other than fuel. your absolutley possitive its not running out of fuel?

bigblue85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no biggie im sure ill find it out i got it narrowed down between those two things so i believe its mainly vacuum problems