330cc and 430cc STANADYNE HEAD AND ROTOR

ameristar1

The One Blue Thing
Reaction score
Great news for all those who want a high output Stanadyne. Columbus Diesel (800) 818-7867 has two killer head and rotor assemblies for the Stanadyne pumps. 330cc (799.00) and a 430cc (890.00 outright/840.00 exchange).
This ought to be enough fuel for anyone.

Last edited:

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What diameter injection lines and injector mods are needed to flow that much fuel? What turbo and what compression ratio are best suited for that kind of fuel as well? I'm sure they can help answer those questions.

Heath

ameristar1

The One Blue Thing
Reaction score
They have some big line kits available, and you figure that you're gonna need enough air to support 650hp or more at max pump output for the 330cc model; I think you should be able to turn it down to what you want, it's just good to know the flow is there.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
for that horse power you need to have a bottom end that will support it, call hypermax and ask them about there main stud gurtle

ameristar1

The One Blue Thing
Reaction score
Nah, I don't want to go that far. If it can hang with a mildly tweaked modern diesel, I'll be satisfied. Size everything for 450hp (turbos, injectors and cam) and let the rest fall where it may.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
Nah, I don't want to go that far. If it can hang with a mildly tweaked modern diesel, I'll be satisfied. Size everything for 450hp (turbos, injectors and cam) and let the rest fall where it may.

that sounds good, im really interested in seeing this build;Sweet

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Those that have built these things say the stock pump is capable of producing more fuel than they can burn. I still think the limiting factor is going to be air and the fact that with high compression and enough boost to burn more fuel, there will be issues, with low compression, they are tough to start. Be interesting to see it all work out, just going off what I've been told.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Yeah, 7.3 PSD guys make 500-550hp on 238cc injectors....so that is more than enough fuel for sure. Talk about high EGT's and blacking out the whole road/small city.

ameristar1

The One Blue Thing
Reaction score
The whole idea is to have the supply regardless of the power level.

This is the combo:

Keep the compression ratio at 21.5 to 1

Make a cam that will lower the dynamic compression and allow the engine to rev out to 4800rpms.

200-225cc injectors

Compound twins to make about 77 pounds per minute of air

29 psi boost

Combination of aftercooling and water/**** injection

When I get the cam made, it's going to move the torque and hp peaks closer together, killing some of the low end pressure and taking some of the stress off the motor. Since the air requirements and boost requirements are based on a 22 to 1 air/fuel ratio, there will be low to no smoke. From what I've been told, a 10 to 1 A/F ratio is what's best for maximum power, but that is way too smoky.

The long block will be stock except for studs, rod bolts, coatings and a complete deep cryotreatment. The block will get hard blocked.

I have a longbed F150 2wd that this thing can go into with an auto and 2.73 gears, make it into a Nascar truck clone with lowered suspension. It won't pull a 5er but it'll haul the mail. The turbo system will be in the bed of the truck. I've got to map out the turbos still, but an HX35-HX40 combo is the first thing that came to mind, we will see.

That's it for now, I've got my work cut out for me.

Last edited:

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
for that horse power you need to have a bottom end that will support it, call hypermax and ask them about there main stud gurtle

I know I'm late to the game if you will... but Gale Banks once said in chat years ago on STD that the bottom end of these IDI's will handle anything you can throw at 'em....

I know from talking with one of the tech guys at ATS (took a little bit to actually talk to one of them) that they basically said the same thing.

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
I know I'm late to the game if you will... but Gale Banks once said in chat years ago on STD that the bottom end of these IDI's will handle anything you can throw at 'em....

I know from talking with one of the tech guys at ATS (took a little bit to actually talk to one of them) that they basically said the same thing.

:bs:popcorn:shocked:

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
The whole idea is to have the supply regardless of the power level.

This is the combo:

Keep the compression ratio at 21.5 to 1

Make a cam that will lower the dynamic compression and allow the engine to rev out to 4800rpms.

200-225cc injectors

Compound twins to make about 77 pounds per minute of air

29 psi boost

Combination of aftercooling and water/**** injection

When I get the cam made, it's going to move the torque and hp peaks closer together, killing some of the low end pressure and taking some of the stress off the motor. Since the air requirements and boost requirements are based on a 22 to 1 air/fuel ratio, there will be low to no smoke. From what I've been told, a 10 to 1 A/F ratio is what's best for maximum power, but that is way too smoky.

The long block will be stock except for studs, rod bolts, coatings and a complete deep cryotreatment. The block will get hard blocked.

I have a longbed F150 2wd that this thing can go into with an auto and 2.73 gears, make it into a Nascar truck clone with lowered suspension. It won't pull a 5er but it'll haul the mail. The turbo system will be in the bed of the truck. I've got to map out the turbos still, but an HX35-HX40 combo is the first thing that came to mind, we will see.

That's it for now, I've got my work cut out for me.

Yeah, I agree! Be cool if you can get it there, and keep it together.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
morerunner

Members online