2006 4.2 I6

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
The people downt he hall have parked a 2006 trailblazer at the building almost a year ago. Never been started or moved since.

The other day, I was asked if I could have a look at it because it won't start.

First thing I did was get out the jumper cables. :rolleyes:

I put the key in the ignition, and turned it on (not to start) so I could hear the fuel pump run. All of a sudden the thing tried to start. It engaged the starter for like 5 seconds and then disengaged....by itself.:dunno

I turned the truck off and turned it back on..this time it didn't try and start by itself. HOWEVER, I did not hear the fuel pump cycle. I checked the fuel pump relay and it wasn't clicking, so I changed it out for a known good relay...still no clicking.

The problem is the truck is not getting fuel, and I have NO idea how the dumbfounded computerized vehicles work, and nor do I want to.

Anyone know where to start? Are the plugs on the pump known to corrode up? Is there something I should look for or just go to town chasing wires after I check that there is power and ground at the pump?

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would start at the key switch, since the pump ran then tried to start, then the second attempt you got nothing. Blown fuse, burnt/shorted wires at the switch, would be my guess. Is the key on the steering column? Bad wiring in there?

On Edit: I would shake the dirt and stones off the floor mats, do that before trying to start. :dunno :rotflmao

First thing I did was get out the jumper cables.

I would have had a cuppa coffee first, then the cables.:love:

Last edited:

medwards29

Construction Project Manager
Reaction score
If not the switch it would prolly be in the computer cause its so new. I would hook up a code reader to it but you can't because if you hook those up to GM vehicles all it will say is: trade in for Ford vehicle. :)