You must be registered for see images attach

Last week drove to Austin to have a TDI Guru (the guys everyone from TDI forums go to, I wasnt the one that picked that name), to have the timing belt done, so it's set till 212k miles! In town full AC use it gets 34-37mpg, that's strictly in town <55mph. At 65mph highway it gets 49-51mpg depending on AC. At 80mph it gets 42-43mpg.

It has common MKIV Jettas problems:

The arm rest is broke and previous owner took it out, and glove box handle is broken. The stock hub caps have flung the VW logos off, and the paint has come off of them so they are grey plastic. A set of alloys wheels (stock) can be found in craiglist for $200-300 and a new set of oem hub caps are $200 so I wasn't going to do that as a set of wheels can be had for that. The last thing is the floor padding they used on the cars for some reason gives off a crayon smell when its hot outside. My car does that as well but I just have gotten use to it. 2 tires are 90% the other two are 70%.

The car runs and drives great! This is the first year for the 09A automatic trannsmission, which is leaps and bounds better than the 01M Autmatic they used from 99-03 (most of which only last 150K miles...be a bit weary of 99-03 automatic cars). It is a PD engine, rated at 100hp and 177ft lbs. It isnt fast in the least, but it gets up and goes, and has enough torque so that you have to be careful going WOT from a stop. Like any diesel these can be modded; bigger injectors, turbos, exhaust, tunes, etc. AC works great on it, duct temps have gotten down to rougly 30* and I have seen little flakes of ice shoot out of the vents.

If you need a commuter car, this is what your looking for! I daily drive my TDI, roughly 45 miles a day, and wouldnt think about driving anything else.

Most TDI's are high mile commuters. This one only has 113k miles on it. I'm asking $8000. Trades? Send me a pm with pics although. Title in hand (or at least in the filing cabnet!)

*disclaimer, pictures were taken after the Austin trip (350 miles) as you can see in the pictures, I hit plenty of bugs*

FordGuy100

Reaction score
$7000 as is. $7500 if I throw my glove box and center console in it, and get headliner fixed.

With diesel around $4/gallon its worth it....