2002 24v Diesel 4x4 good deal??

candyman

Reaction score
Hello to all Im new to this Forum and diesels in general.

Im looking into getting a diesel and i found a 2002 ram 2500 24v 4x4 diesel.
All for 4500 dollars, those are all the pros. The cons are it needs brake work, possibly tires, a new a/c compressor, and it has about 250000 miles on it. What i would like to know is how much longer will this truck last? Or is it even worth considering. Another side note is that it idles at about 900 rpm, this could be because it was right when i started it up and mabey it just needed to warm up idk.

Any input is greatly appreciated..

John

doggone

Reaction score
Its a diesel, should last at least 400000 longer if you take care of it. If it is a 2002 it has the vp44 pump need to install a fuel pressure gauge.

NJKen

is a daddy!
Reaction score
God only knows why it idles the way it does. The best thing you can do is drive it around for a while and see if it simmers down. If it is cold the idle will be higher than normal. If it seems out of line keep looking. That milage is a lot for an automatic trans so if it does not feel great keep looking. You can hardley give away a big truck rite now and diesel only makes that worse.
Ken

chandler583

Reaction score
That is what I'm hoping for, I do not have the money for a truck right now, but I hope by the time I get it, big trucks would be going for insanely cheap. But my dad always says, "What do you need a truck for?"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance