2 C6 questions....

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I am mostly done with getting things back to normal after my turbo install, still am having it looked at by a shop tomorrow. One problem is that the VRV was busted when the turbo was installed and the repair seems not to be working. Is it at all harmful to the C6 to manually shift it, or does this cause problems? Additionally does anyone have a P/N for the VRV vaccum thingy? This is why I hate automatics...maybe I will swap in my T19 sometime but for now I have to be happy with the C6 as I am way short on time and $$$. Thanks,
JD

6xCrew

Newb
Reaction score
should be just fine. Just don't forget cause the clutches in 2 and 3 do not really like to work from a stop.

Calvin

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's kind of what I'm thinking.... I just don't want to break anything while I'm waiting for the new VRV...probably not an in stock item at Ford... and might get a better deal from Fordparts.com... I would think its better than letting it shift automatically the way it does with the VRV deleted and two lines plugged together. That's a real soft "stack shift" and I was told the harder shifts were better for it.... Anyone have a good used VRV they want to let go? How about a part number? Am I on the right track with my thinking? Thanks,
JD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntjapkes