1st post. Advice on safely re-starting a 94 7.3

Oledirtypearl86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would not recommend ether if you have functional glow plugs. And use it carefully even with the GP's disconnected. There are some horrendously abusive videos on here using ether (MINT!) but he doesn't care if he blows the top ring land into the oil pan. You probably do...

I look at ether like I do beer. in moderation and I never shoot it right down the intake always a shot on the filter and crank also I turn the key and wate till the plugs cycle then a shot of ether and crank plus when its have to use it it's more than likely a Saturday and colder than hell and cranked a few times

8gitmusik1

1994_E350_7.3_IDI_N/A_E4OD
Reaction score
Anyone here a SNAKE LOVER... not me! Ya gotta here this guys, what a way to wrap up the day! What would YOU DO after fixin' and wrenching on your truck all afternoon, just warmed up my dinner, only to be confronted with this......READ ON.

I was just confronted with a 1-1/2 foot long Pit Viper in my house (older mfg. house that is). Boy howdy, wake up time!

Just looked it up on the net. Its markings are either a water moccasin or small copperhead.

Yep, I was headed to the master bedroom, after putting my coveralls in the washer. Saw something move on the floor in the hallway, out of the corner of my eye. Somehow a snake got in the house! Had just taken off my work boots and put on my flipflops.

Darn snake nearly bit me in the toe. Scared the tar out of me just after writing the update above. I finally was able to beat it senseless with my dress boots in the closet! The lil' sucker, it struck my Tony Llama's 3-4 times before I finally showed who's da man of THIS here house.

Damn, that was a close call. 1st time I have ever had a snake IN the house. Its the season though. Food for thought ya'll, Georgia is the most populated with snakes of all of America, with ONLY Arizona being #2 in the nation.

Man o man, fun fun,fun...What a nice way to end a long day :(

Sent from my SM-T567V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
What would I do? I'd probably go back outside and keep wrenching on my truck. Ok. Now you've proven to me that there is at least one good thing about the cold temps we've been having here. No snakes! If I found one crawling around in my house right now, I'd ask it where it got the snake sized winter clothes before I killed it.

8gitmusik1

Reaction score
What would I do? I'd probably go back outside and keep wrenching on my truck. Ok. Now you've proven to me that there is at least one good thing about the cold temps we've been having here. No snakes! If I found one crawling around in my house right now, I'd ask it where it got the snake sized winter clothes before I killed it.
IDIBRONCO - Ha HA! Now that was funny :) No this snake was a'natural, in its birthday suit and aggressive, maybe it was just looking for its girlfriend and got lost...spring is their mating season..who knows but he took a major wrong turn and didn't live to regret it...and I don't feel the least bit bad about either.

Actually, just before I hit the snake the final time with the heel of my boot, it jumped up nearly 1/2 foot of the floor and nearly got me on my thumb.

There are definitely benefits to living in the colder climates, no snakes being a major +. I'm definitely looking all thru the house now and turning on all the lights before I wonder around inside for a while.

Anti-venom ain't cheap and being bit is painful if not deadly...

8gitmusik1

Reaction score
I'm not one to ruin my own mud and tape, texture and sheetrock work I did years ago and dont want to do it all over again, so my 4-10 didn't budge from the wall mount. I'm faster than a snake with a size 14 Tony Llama fo sho'. Just never expected one indoors.

I deal with em' every year on my property. Water moccasin's, cottonmouths, copperheads, rattlers, just a watchful eye and a great flashlight when walking at night outside and during the day when they're laying out getting some sun.

I just walk around em', as they're good for keepin' out the riff raff and, the mice and rats....heck thats why I live in the country, not just to hunt bucks.

It's a just a part of livin' in nature. Just not IN the house, lol.

Oledirtypearl86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's a just a part of livin' in nature. Just not IN the house, lol.
Lol I spend my fair share of time outdoors I hunt bears , cats, and wolves but snakes are gross my sister has pet snakes and I can't fathom wanting them in my house also I've done a bunch of sheetrock In my house and I'll get the 12 gauge out in a heart beat my size 12 Ariat isn't faster thAn a timber rattler but a 12 gauge is :shoot:

8gitmusik1

Reaction score
Also the suspense is killing me when ya going to put the keys to your van
Glad you mentioned the suspense part, yep, its killing me too.

Been down with no transportation for darn near 3 months, and rides to town and friendships are wearing thin, lol.

Hopefully, first re-start will be Saturday or Sunday ODP86.

I still might need GP relay/controller possibly, hopefully not.

And, wouldn't ya know it.

Its raining again, and, I unfortunately, dont have a garage or shop anymore.

It all depends on weather and my health at this point.

Anyway, Make it a GREAT Friday ODP86 and ALL you other OILBURNERS too!

Last edited:

frankenwrench

overkill is under rated!
Reaction score
Lol. Funny u should mention snakes. Been raining a bit here in my neck of the woods and I almost got bit IN my boot. Snake cuddled up in my left mud boot cause I left them outside covered in mud. Funny thing is I was half awake getting ready for work and barely noticed how heavy my boot felt just as my foot was toe in the hole. Stopped and realized how complacent I was being and took a look down in there and noticed the lil guy. Boot is now Swiss cheese textured and my shoes are now muddy. Good morning Friday! Get that van going boss! And love the detailed write up. Good work bud and ur asking the right pple at the right place on this site cause the wealth of knowledge is here with these fine pple

8gitmusik1

Reaction score
Lol. Funny u should mention snakes. Been raining a bit here in my neck of the woods and I almost got bit IN my boot. Snake cuddled up in my left mud boot cause I left them outside covered in mud. Funny thing is I was half awake getting ready for work and barely noticed how heavy my boot felt just as my foot was toe in the hole. Stopped and realized how complacent I was being and took a look down in there and noticed the lil guy. Boot is now Swiss cheese textured and my shoes are now muddy. Good morning Friday! Get that van going boss! And love the detailed write up. Good work bud and ur asking the right pple at the right place on this site cause the wealth of knowledge is here with these fine pple
Yeah buddy, the rain will bring those slidebellys out of there winter holes and right into a nice warm and cozy boot, leaving them on the porch, will do the trick.

Had them in my boots in the past, too. Learned long ago, a lil' mud whackin' and inside they go as SOON as those boots come off.

Venomous or not, snakes will make you learn too break dance and contrary to popular opinion, even white boys CAN jump, tuck and roll when we need too! And buckshot helps too! (aka Swiss Cheese boots) LOL

Thanks for folowing my lengthly van startup. I appreciate all the encouragement.

I can only do what finances, health and weather will allow, but getting there..... finally....I'll keep ya'll posted as I progress.

Yep. Keepin' on keepin' on...

Make it a Great Friday Frankenboot

(Btw, Do ya call yerself frankenboot because of your shoe size ( I wear 14EE's and was thinking I should change my profile name too freakyfeet, lol, or cause ya have a tendency toward filling yer boots up with lead)

Edit: Ahh, ROTFLMAO, just realized after I posted this the first time, that your profile is not Frankenboot, its Frankenwrench, anyway, leaving the boot stuff unedited as it was WAY too funny, not to write it, lol

Lookin forward to your response :)