1999 F550 Fontain

russs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A buddy of mine with an F550 RV Hauler was asking me what the best box was to put on a 7.3 Powerstroke. I answered Edge EZ of course, but I thought about it a bit more and I'm not really sure. Edge products are great for Dodge Cummins, but whats the best for the 7.3??

He wants to haul his 34' Monaco around the country. Trailer weighs approx #17,000 and the truck is proabably about #9,000 for a combined of #26,000. He'll have guages and 4" exhaust. I'm not sure what tranny he has (E04D??). He'd like an additional 60 hp that is fairly EGT friendly. He'll still watch the guages when pulling a hill. His final drive ratio is 4.88 (It's some monster Spicer rear end back there...). He doesnt wanna go wild, just a mild bump. I told him to expect his tranny to start slipping soon after the HP increase.

Wideopen

It's all about me.
Reaction score
In my Honest Opinion and all that I know about the 7.3 the Edge is O.K. but they are mostly 6.0L and Dodge guys

Right now the best think he could do is put a Multi-position chip in the truck with a settings for tow and anyother setting he wants... being that it is a 99' model I'll assume that there isn't a warrenty left..Tell him to call TS Performance ,one of the more respected programer in the Ford world...Id let Dennis(owner of TS Performance) set up a chip for him...or he can direct him to a dealer near him...chip install is pretty easy plus in most cases fuel millage goes up

russs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually he just got the truck last spring brand new - it sat on a lot for a couple of years. Still has less that 15K miles on it. Warranty is intact, but since it's a F550 - Commercial vehicle I think the warranty is different. He paid $32K - I'm betting the truck is worth close to $50K

Heres a picture of it - it really is a pretty truck....

Attachments

• f550.jpg
    f550.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 41

Wideopen

It's all about me.
Reaction score
Your right that is a nice truck..a 99 with that few miles wow

I would check with my dealer to see it he is Mod friendly if not I'd look into the Power Programer they don't leave codes for a dealer to find..Just Pm me or E-mail me and I can give you names and numbers [email protected]

ericthered

Dude, wheres my car??
Reaction score
Go with the programmer if concerned about the warranty.I've gone with the 3 program superchip tuner which works well with my truck and mods.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online