1997 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 Cummins Diesel

Pipeliner_86

IDI up high
Reaction score
My wife drives a 97 Ram ext. 4x4 cummins, we're contemplating selling it. Reason is the ext.cab, does'nt have the doors that open, and getting the baby seats in and out are a hassle at times.
The truck has 212,000 miles on her right now, the engine runs excellent with lots of torque. The trans is an auto 47re, I installed a three way switch on the torque converter, and by passed the TPS with a potentiometer on the dash next to the overdrive button. You can dial in what speed you want O.D. to come in.
The truck has new brakes(drums, rotors, all new hardware) all the way around, lukes link in the panhard bar. The exhaust is 3" straight pipe all the way back from the turbo. BHAF in place of the old air filter box.
Body is in good-fair condition. some dents around the bed and driver side rear cab corner. 33" mud terrains, custom made nerf bars.

If we were to sell, I would like to see $6,500.00 for the truck. I would really be interested in trading for a crewcab truck or suburban or 4-door bronco. If someone is interested in a trade, the vehical has to have 4-doors, be a 4x4 and also be a diesel.

I'll take some pictures and post them if necessary, I really don't want to get rid of the truck, it runs so good and is fun to drive. But our needs would be better served with 4-doors.

Thanks.

rubberfish

Reaction score
You won't have trouble selling that.
The only thing that would make it more
desireable would be if it was a stick, because
of the bigger pump that it would have come with.

Why don't you keep it? The kids will grow out
of those baby seats and grow into booster seats
soon enough, and then will be able to climb in
and out by themselves. That's what I'd do. :Sly

Pipeliner_86

IDI up high
Reaction score
You're right Bob, it won't be long before they're climbing in and out by themselves. Me personally I'm a crewcab guy. If it don't have 4-doors I dont want nothing to do with it, but my wife is a Dodge nut. She thinks the Ram trucks are the hottest thing since sliced bread, so I bought her one that I approved of (CUMMINS). Now she loves driving a big diesel truck, but kinda wishes she had 4-doors instead of two. Sometimes there's no pleasing 'em.
Anyhow, we're not in a hurry to come off the truck, just seriously looking at other options.

Last edited:

CGA03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where are ya in MI-you can PM me if ya want.

Clinton

Pipeliner_86

IDI up high
Reaction score
Here are some pictures of the truck from earlier in the spring. Since then I have painted the rims black, new pass. turn signal and drivers door has been replaced. Also I added 3" heavy wall pipe nerf bars on the sides.

Attachments

• img_0225.jpg
    img_0225.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 36
  • img_0229.jpg
    img_0229.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 36

CGA03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry man I don't have a suv to trade ya.

Pipeliner_86

IDI up high
Reaction score
Sorry man I don't have a suv to trade ya.

Thanks for the reply Clinton. I'm not gonna be heart-broken if I don't get a four door, though it would be nice to have a 4x4 diesel van, that would be the cat's ass. Oh well, for now we'll just keep on driving the goat truck.:D

rtomlin3

Reaction score
I'll be down in your area this weekend (down from up here in Northern Michigan), working a booth at the Novi Snowmobile Show. I'd like to check out the truck sometime Friday night - Sunday night.

Anything holding this truck back from being a daily driver through the winter? Plowing a little snow now and then?

-- Rob

CGA03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still for sale I see, anything else you need/want to trade for it?? What kind of a price are you asking now??? PM me if you want. Merry x-mas.

Clinton

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7