1994 Ford E350 7.3 IDI Van with Medical Top

warmblood58

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This van was purchased for a 4x4 camper conversion, unfortunately moving and have to sell. Enigne has a little over 150,000 - has new ZD-9 glows (no stuck glowplugs!) and one new battery and new tires. Van needs a new (remaned or rebuilt transmission -e40d) will not move. White van, just polished paint and gel coat, looks great! I drove this van from Phoenix to Flagstaff to Las Vegas to Napa and it ran great through very hot temps and mountain ranges. Not sure what caused the trans failure . . drove it a few times after I got home and then one day, lost all power transmission with no catastrophic metal in the pan, noises, etc . . . 3,000.00 gets it! Call James (707) 217-2158

NO_SPRK

User & Abuser
Reaction score
3k for a van that needs +/- 1600 for a proper rebuild trans less labor.. Not exactly the best deal

warmblood58

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're asking $3k for a non-running pedovan with 150k?

Pedovan? 3,000.00 for a clean van with a great engine? Sure! I looked for months until I found a late model e350 van, never seem to see IDI's out there in the world van wise -plenty of trucks. Clean straight body, low mileage engine . . .

NO_SPRK

User & Abuser
Reaction score
HEUI systems work well with svo wvo, bio. fuel rails are built into the head. no heaters needed. yes injectors will need to be resealed. IDI db2 pump is not svo friendly. it can handle bio-diesel but thats still lowering the operating life. idi does help with heating svo but the powerstroke fuel rail design transfers more heat with no electrical draw or heat exchangers

fuel rail purging is quick on PS engines. considering its a pain to get to van IPs i might take my chances with doing a HPOP. with van dog house its not that bad to do PS injectors and turbo work.. fuel rail. etc.

i drove a 96 PS van for a brewery i worked in. once a week i would load the thing with 20+ half-barrel kegs.. 15.5g that van had way more power then my ford idi turbo van. most kits wont fit in vans or need modifications.

both will require new fuel lines and lift pumps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JU57US