1993 Ford f250 xl 7.3 idi stalling after throttle let off

Macrobb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got off the phone with the local Oreillys. I dont know all of the specifics on your truck but got a quote for a Borg Warner injection pump with a three year no pro-rate warranty 607.99 plus a 198 dollar core charge. If hydro is correct on what it cost to rebuild one then you might as well purchase one with a decent warranty for a few bucks more. I think that I will swing by my loval injection shop tomorrow and ask them what they charge for a rebuild.
Two things here:
1. All of the IDI injection pumps are the same, more or less. NA, you could use /any/ IDI injection pump on /any/ IDI.
The only difference is a little tuning, mainly maximum fueling.
This is why, generally speaking, rebuilds cost the same no matter what year you have.

2. If you are going to spend money on a pump, don't buy it from an autoparts store or you'll be back here complaining about why it doesn't start when hot, or some other issue.
I trust idiperformance.com for my IPs.

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oreilly, Autozone, Pepboys etc. offer injection pumps that will last about a year. These distributors sell marginal pumps at best, especially borg warner junk. I would steer very clear of them. Read the hall of shame.
It's always a good idea to buy from a reputable dealer such as Mel, who is both a member on OB and owner of conestoga diesel. I bought a moose pump from him and have been very happy with the quality of his work & customer service.
Russ aka typ4 also offers good quality injection pumps & injectors to name a few.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online