1993 F250 DID N/A

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
I go to start the truck this morning, but she wouldn't go. The lights are bright and all work, the radio comes on no problem and the heater fan even runs full blast just fine, but when I pushed the start button, it rolled extremely slowly for about 1/2 a turn, then all it would do was click at the starter.

I have 12.3 volts on both batteries. I disconnected them and checked them individually. The starter is less than a year old, and both batteries were replaced at the same time the starter was.

I tried to cross the starter solonoid over, but I get the same results. So the solonoid is working correctly.

The truck did this to me about two months ago, but it just started again after I went under the truck and looked around. I never touched anything or moved anything, I just tried it again and away she went. That morning it was hot and dry, but today it was raining cats and dogs.

The only other thing I have to mention is that the OD light was blinking.....but what would that have to do with me starting my truck?

Todays temperature was around 10* C or about 50* F, so it's not like it was a cold morning.

Is my starter gone? Or perhaps a bad connection? Or do I have something else to check?

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
You have good battery voltage....

Starter Solenoid on fender is working...

first look for bad connection at the starter.

Will probably find it corroded but also check the battery posts as well. I had a bad connection once because of corroision between the post and the post clamp that I could not see until I took the connection apart.

Grendel

Reaction score
I had the same problem with my 93 F350 7.3 IDI and it turned out to be non conductive corrosion at my battery terminals. Once I scraped and cleaned up my leads and battery terminals she started turning over just fine.

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
I checked it all over a couple days ago and would up putting a new ring terminal on the starter end of the cable. The nut was loose and it melted the outer part of thee ring terminal right off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance