1989 Injectors

Zeb1989

Reaction score
I have an injector that is leaking at the base and have tightened it and still see bubbles at the bottom.
Several questions:
I have heard that a set of injectors that have been matched is better. Is there that much difference?
Where would you get matched Injectors?
If there is little difference in matched and non-matched where is a good place to buy . what brand.
What are the differences in the codes for these injectors.

BDCarrillo

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Matched just means they open at the same pressure, which affects timing for each cylinder. Mixing new injectors on a worn pump is also bad practice.

The jury is still out on the various codes. There are minor internal differences and presumably flow differences, but the overwhelming experience on the forum is that BB's are desirable for most applications.

Typ4 or Agnem do sell injectors.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We only sell matched sets of injectors. I love a smooth idle, and our sets are within 50 PSI of each other. You can buy injectors anywhere, but we actually care about what you get. There is a difference you can feel. Not only that, but it is very disappointing to install a set of injectors and have a problem. We do everything we can to make sure that won't happen. We still have a good supply of Delphi BB injectors. These have been the most popular for years with good reason. Not many other places have them now. The BB, D and AA injectors are all pretty similar. The E and G codes came a long a lot later, and in my opinion, are more prone to pintle seating issues as they age. Most of the really bad whizzer's that I have seen are E and G codes. Sadly, the manufactures are starting to give up on us, feeling there is not sufficient market for these products. I've been doing my part to try to convince them otherwise.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Old pumps are usually getting weak, throw in some new injectors that are popping at the correct higher pressure, and the pump can let go.

Sent from my SM-T537R4 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Good answers to the questions. I may add that the G codes pop at a higher pressure than the Bb codes and as posted the pintle is much different. I will try to post my video of the comparison. When new injectors are installed on an old pump that worn pump must now produce more pop pressure than the older injectors. Sometimes it can't or it fails in short order. As a pump wears old the timing also changs. Now add in new injectors and that timing is really retarded. If you had injectors like the Bb codes popping at 1850 lbs and installed a set of g codes popping at 2300 lbs you are going to have retarded timing because of the higher pop pressure. The time it takes for the injector to pop open and inject is much different from 1850 to 2300 lbs. Its slower so the timing gets retarded. Best to time the engine after a pump or injector replacement. As for a goof place at a fair price for pumps and injectors well thats already posted. Want a cheaper seller then please read the Hall of Shame forum. Reason sellers are in there is the poor business they give buyers. They don't get there because someone has a ******* for them. Both Mel and Russ treat customers better than expected.

Kistthesky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks
a lot to consider

yeah but if you think about it it's well worth it to install a good rebuilt pump with a set of matched injectors if you plan on. keeping. your idi for awhile, you'll be running smooth & carefree for the next 100,000 miles if not longer, just my 2cents.