1987 Chevrolet Crew Cab One Ton on 2.5Ton Rockwells and 52" Michelins

OffRoader81

Reaction score
Like title says. 1987 Chevy on Rockwells and Michelins. Here are all the specs.

Engine: Rebuilt 6.2 Chevrolet Turbo Diesel. New main and rod bearings. New rings. Cylinders were honed. Lapped the valves. All new seals and gaskets. Has rebuilt injectors from Diesel Injection Service of Illinois. New fuel lift pump. New oil pump. Has new glow plugs. The best part is the Gale Banks Sidewinder Turbo Kit. Custom turbo that livens the engine up quite a bit. Motor runs strong. Has a Caterpillar smoke stack right off the turbo through the hood. Has a K&N air filter with inlet coming out the hood. Doesn't have 10 hours on the engine. The estimated horsepower is about 200 and the torque is about 400. This engine has nice low end power.

Tranmission: Has the Turbo 400 that came in it. I had to put a diesel torque converter in it. This has a lower stall. Have an external seal kit, but never was put in. The seal kit will go with truck. Seems to shift fine. Doesn't seem to slip.

Transfer Case: Has the NP 205 gear driven case that came in it. Everything seems to be fine with the transfer case. Hard to break these cases. Have seal and gasket kit for transfer case I never put in. The kit will go with truck.

Axles: Rebuilt 2.5 ton Rockwells by USA 6x6. These axles have 6.72 gears. USA 6x6 went through these axles and replaced any bearings or seals that were bad. I had them install Detroit Lockers in both front and back axles. I had them also intsall Wilwood Pinion brakes on both front and back axles. These are some beefy axles. Have Earl's Braided Stainless Steel brakelins run from the hardline to the pinion brakes. The steering on the front axle is full hydraulic. I put a new hydraulic pump on the motor to power the steering. Has Orbital Valve to control flow of fluid to make the tires turn. Has a aluminum reservoir to hold the extra fluid.

Tires and Wheels: The tires are 52" Michelins military tires. They are awesome tires. Have lots of tread left. These are thick tires. They probably weight 300 lbs a piece without wheels. The wheels are military wheels put on backwards. This gives the truck a wider stance for better stability.

Suspension: This is a one ton suspension. It has a SuperLift 16" suspension lift. Have all four shocks. I did not mount them because it is not necessary.

Other parts: Have a heavy duty front winch bumper that is not mounted. I have a Boost guage, EGT guage, Oil Pressure guage, and Water Temperature guage mounted on the dash. The boost and EGT guages are Banks and the oil and water guages are Autometer. Has a piece of c-channel for a back bumper with a Caterpillar tow hook in the center and a smaller hook on each side. Two homebuilt traction bars on rear. One homebuilt traction bard on the front. They hold the axle in place, believe me.

If interested let me know by PM, email [email protected], or call 1-309-231-6105. I can send pictures to your email. If interested just give me a yell. $7,000. Located in Central Illinois. Thanks.

Brenton

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
720Diesel