1984 F250 Fuel line repair kit number????

eyoung429

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have dug around and can't find the dang thing. I need to do a *** on my rig and figured that since the fuel system to the pump is all original....I am going to replace it now before I get stuck out in the middle of BFN. Not looking only for the return kit but the ENTIRE fuel line kit for the '84 F250 6.9IDI.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Clarification needed. Short of the normal return lines, caps, O-rings and clamps that are all related to injector service, what other parts do you want to replace? The lift pump is hard line up to the filter head, and steel line to the IP. These parts are usually good for the life of the motor.

eyoung429

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are the lines from both tanks to the switch hard or can you use any off the shelf?

Haven't gone through them yet and was just wondering if there was a "complete" fuel line kit for the entire truck.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nobody makes a complete kit. To the best of my knowledge, you can't even buy the lines. You may have to make them up like we do with brake lines. I ditched all my metal on the Moose Truck and just ran rubber hose fuel line. Easy to work with, easier to repair, and as long as you inspect them now and then they won't leak.

eyoung429

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool...Then braided fuel line and Russel fittings it is then. Thought I would try the easy way first.

Thanks!

Mr_Roboto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are your hard lines metal or plastic? There would be no reason to replace plastic lines, if you happen to get a spot rubbed through you can just patch over it with rubber line and clamps.