1978 Chevy Love

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Yup, thats right, a chevy love LOL. My friend has one, its been totally thrashed, and something is up with the tranny so its not moving, I think something is up with the clutch. Anyways, he only wants $100...and I was thinking if I could pick up a cheap diesel swap motor/tranny, it would be a cool little truck. We cut the rear bed so that the back end could fit 31" :D so the body has some "modifications" done to it. We put a stack on it, with a glass pack, so this thing in my book is just way cool. Wouldnt have to worry about scratching it.

So, any idea's as to what kind of motor could fit in. I'm not worried about major modification. I figure I could swap in a half ton 2wd front end (fab it in), a ford 9" rear end, and lots, and lots of frame beefing up. Plus, I would probably extend the cab, cause being 6'5" it would be a tight fit.

I need a cheap, powerful (or easily modded) diesel that can go in.

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
Justin

You could actually get a Luv with a 2.2 diesel for (I believe) 2 years back in 1981 and 82. Didn't know if you knew that or not. Probably before your time.:rotflmao

Tom

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Yeah, that was just a skosh before my time. I would like something with some decent power though. Cummins 4bt is to big IMHO, otherwise that would be pretty nice....

I just really want something I can thrash on, it doesnt even need to be worthy for the road, just use it for wheeling LOL

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
I need a cheap, powerful (or easily modded) diesel that can go in.

i dont think they go together honestly, if it were so i would have swapped one a while back.

maybe one out of a tractor?

Rodney

Reaction score
Some came with isuzu diesels. Im sure you could stuff in any sm deere diesel from like a gator. Or maybe a small perkins? bigger Kubota tractor engine?:dunno

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another thought would be an M-B 4 cylinder 616 or a 5 cylinder turbo 617....might give you a bit more power than an Isuzu hamster ;) and not as big as a 4BT. Just a thought :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online