09S09 Cruise Control wire recall

jim_22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks to the sticky, I found out this weekend about the fire hazard recall for the cruise control wire. Never got the letter or maybe did not open it (do not like to read mail from Ford). Had it done today, took 1/2 hour of my time (waiting). Posting this to remind others to do so if it affects you.

Silver91Hatch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am a Ford tech/service advisor and I have some questions for you and customers like you. Why? Why not open letters? Why not bring it in, its free?

jim_22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I DID bring it in and I am glad I did. I always respond to recalls. I don't open the letters always because every time my wife brings her car in for an oil change I get 4 letters trying to solicit business from me.

SparkandFire

We're drinking beer
Reaction score
I DID bring it in and I am glad I did. I always respond to recalls. I don't open the letters always because every time my wife brings her car in for an oil change I get 4 letters trying to solicit business from me.

I hear you on that! Serramonte Ford sends me AT LEAST 4 letters a month trying to get me to come in for all kinds of crap.

I had a horrible experience with them, took my complaints all the way to Ford corporate and the BBB. They honestly think I will bring them anything ever again?? :rolleyes: