03 E450 7.3l Crank, no start fuse 22 blows

paulr4

Reaction score
My 2003 E-450 7.3L PSD will not start. It will crank for a long time and appear to be catching but nothing. It will barely smoke during the process. So far I have replaced:
- oil / filter
- Fuel filter
- CPS
- IDM
- Glow plugs / harness
- HPOP and sensor
- Few more misc sensors

None of this has made any difference. It also blows fuse 22 (40A) in the engine box - which is labeled and 'trailer aux' in the manual. From searching forums it sounds like the fuel preheater but I cannot find anything like that installed. The only plug on the fuel filter housing is for the water in fuel light sensor. There is something that appears to be a heater in the intake after the turbo - disconnecting it makes no difference.

Previously it started to take long with lots of cranking to start but once started would run fine with no smoke.

I have no idea where to go with it from here (other than scrap), any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

msta999

Reaction score
Try disconnecting the fuel heater at the fuel filter housing. I think that is for fuse 22 and I have heard of this before. Some what common for this heater to go out and you can run your truck without it. it is a single wire going to the side of the fuel filter housing, just pop it off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SixFourShanks08

Members online