03 cummins go in 08 f350

litlespidy

Reaction score
Over the last few weeks I have started this project and now I am at the point where I am at putting together and waiting for parts. I bought a truck with a dead 6.4 diesel and decided to go for the cummins swap. The truck was a theft recovery with some cut wires and missing items. Not knowing how well the tranny worked and the cost of the adapter plate I decided to go with a nv5600 to the ford transfercase. I will be posting pics in a another post as they are on another computer.

litlespidy

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
These are pictures of the donor truck, a 2003 dodge 2500 hit in the side hard, I worked out a deal with Paul at Don Scharf automotive of Eagle River to take the whole thing to get everything I needed.

Last edited:

litlespidy

Reaction score
I thought I took more of my new truck but I seem to only have the start pic's so I'll add what I have and take the rest again tomorrow.

Last edited:

litlespidy

Reaction score
:mad: So here is the rest of the pics, hopefully the others are showing up now
As you can see on the floor under the truck I have the downpipe from the 2003 dodge and it looks like it will tie into the ford exhaust at a factory seam. Today I am deciding if I will be making my own mounts or adding them to the order from either destoked, or fordcummins.

litlespidy

Reaction score
Sorry for not posting in a while, but project had to be back burnered. The last of the parts showed up last week and we started doing some installs over the last few days and are hoping to have the engine and transmission in today. The trans ended up needing to be a zf6 since no one would do any harness work unless I used a ford trans. I have figured out a way to use the nv5600 with some machining to the dodge adapter plate and will work with the diesel conversions wiring kit, next one I guess. Pictures will be loaded soon.