Yet another diesel convert

FarmerDan

Reaction score
Gentlemen,

I just wanted to say hi to everyone and introduce myself a little. I just bought an 84 F250 6.9 IDI and have been researching like crazy trying to learn as much as I can. I've rebuilt gassers in the past but these diesels have struck a chord. I love these engines.

Right now I've pulled the bed off the truck and I'm replacing the rear tank and both front and rear pickups. The information on this site is invaluable.

Anyway, you might hear me pop up now and again with a question or two, but I just wanted y'all to know that I appreciate the knowledge and willingness to share on here.

Thanks.

Dan

FarmerDan

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Well, here she is..in all her half-clad glory. Once I go through the fuel tanks and drive line (I have to replace the clutch pilot and throw-out bearings, center drive-shaft support and might as well do u-joints while I'm there) I have some body work to do, heater-core, and other things as I find them. I hope to have a reliable, repairable, classic F250. I love these old F series trucks.

I've been an I6 guy for years, but something about these diesels gets me. The power (relatively speaking), the sound, the smell...all of it.

I look forward to picking everyone's brain in the near future as questions pop up. The weather is beautiful here in central Texas. Perfect for restoring a truck.

Dan

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s a classic for sure. I think I’ve seen that truck running around, I’m in Bulverde just north of San Antonio.

FarmerDan

Reaction score
We're neighbors then, Thewespaul! I used to drive through Bulverde a lot when I worked for TPWD several years ago (but not in this truck). I saw that thread about the worn IP you posted earlier. Maybe I'll head southwest and take a look at it one day soon. I would love to poke around inside one of those things and really see how they work. As you can imagine, I really don't want to tear into mine!

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shoot me a pm and we can meet up at the shop some time, I’ve got an 83 f250 parts truck you’re welcome to pull anything you need off of ;Sweet