Wheel/tire fitment question

cardana24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For the guys that are running larger than stock tires can you post pictures of your fitment (obs f250). I am want to run bigger tires on my 94 f250, but I really don't want to lift the truck. I plan on using it for occasional hauling and off road duty, so I want some A/T's that will fit the bill. I looked at the IDI picture thread, but most of those picture are from the side of the truck and not many show the wheel and tire fitment. I would like to know what tire size, you are running along with the wheel size and backspacing. I would like for my truck to have a wider stance but I don't want the tires sticking out much past the fenders. I am leaning towards 33x12.50's because I think they will fit with no lift but I would appreciate some input and some pictures. Thanks.

1994IDI

Reaction score
Fill in your signature so we know what you have.

I can't post pics to help you because I am out of town until next week. I have 285/75/r16 s on the truck in my sig. The fit great if you are willing to move the the bumper out about one half inch. It takes less than a half hour and a few washers. It is unnoticeable to the untrained eye. Let me know if you don't know how to do it, it is very simple. My stepdad has a '93 F250 with no lift, and is able to fit 305/75/r16. He just has the bumper pushed out a little more. I hope this helps. If you still need a picture, I can shoot you one next week when I get back.

Longesst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had 285's on a 97 f250 on factory rims, minor rub with wheel at full lock. Currently running 315's on f350 factory alcoas with no issues. I believe the 350's sit a little higher though. You should be safe upto 305's with a little bumper spacing as stated above. Also, I'm not aware of any 12.5x33 in 16" wheel, could be wrong though

BrandonMag

Dana 50 rebuilder
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've got a set of 315/75R-16 Toyo Open Country M/Ts on my F250 with no lift:

You must be registered for see images

However, it's my understanding that you OBS guys have a slightly different front bumper configuration than the brick nose Fords. I did end up shimming my bumper out about 3/4" because the left tire rubbed when I turned sharply.

cardana24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fill in your signature so we know what you have.

I can't post pics to help you because I am out of town until next week. I have 285/75/r16 s on the truck in my sig. The fit great if you are willing to move the the bumper out about one half inch. It takes less than a half hour and a few washers. It is unnoticeable to the untrained eye. Let me know if you don't know how to do it, it is very simple. My stepdad has a '93 F250 with no lift, and is able to fit 305/75/r16. He just has the bumper pushed out a little more. I hope this helps. If you still need a picture, I can shoot you one next week when I get back.

Filled in sig. I would like to see a picture of your set up and your step dad's set up too if you have some pictures. Your avatar picture is so small I can't tell much from it. I am sure pushing the bumper out is easy to do I just did not know we needed to do that. Also what are the specs on your wheels? Size and backspacing?

I had 285's on a 97 f250 on factory rims, minor rub with wheel at full lock. Currently running 315's on f350 factory alcoas with no issues. I believe the 350's sit a little higher though. You should be safe upto 305's with a little bumper spacing as stated above. Also, I'm not aware of any 12.5x33 in 16" wheel, could be wrong though

Where were you rubbing? The factory rims are 16x7's right? What about the factory alcoas? What is the back spacing on the factory wheels? As for the 33x12.5" I am talking about tire size, not wheel size.

I've got a set of 315/75R-16 Toyo Open Country M/Ts on my F250 with no lift:

However, it's my understanding that you OBS guys have a slightly different front bumper configuration than the brick nose Fords. I did end up shimming my bumper out about 3/4" because the left tire rubbed when I turned sharply.

Thanks for the picture. Do you have the specs on your wheels? Size and back spacing? Also do you have a picture from the rear or front of the vehicle showing the side profile? I want to see where they sit in relation to the fenders. Thanks.

Clydesdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
K will edit with pic *******.

First will be 88 like above F 250 stock and 35's. Nothing done to make fit.
You must be registered for see images attach

Second will be Hidalgo, my OBS crew, 315's.. and I moved the bumper out an inch or two. Maybe I trimmed as well, that has been almost tow years now, 12/08 when I installed them...

Third will be Clyde the 90 Centurion I roll.

He was rocking 37" HmmV tires in the nose, and all I did was a leveling kit for a PSD.

Last edited:

cardana24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^Thanks for that! Do you know the specs on the wheels in those pictures? Also that last truck you posted, are those really 37's? They don't look that big. The other tucks you posted before that look like they have taller tires.

1994IDI

Reaction score
I am turning factory alcoas. 16x7, I don't know the backspacing. My stepdad is running aftermarket 16x8's. I don't know the backspacing there either. Bottome line is, your not going to have any trouble running 33's as long as you push your bumper out just a little bit.

cardana24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am turning factory alcoas. 16x7, I don't know the backspacing. My stepdad is running aftermarket 16x8's. I don't know the backspacing there either. Bottome line is, your not going to have any trouble running 33's as long as you push your bumper out just a little bit.

Fair enough, if you could just post some pictures so I can see how they fit in your fenders I would appreciate it. I want to figure out what size tires I can run, but I am also trying to figure out the right width along with backspacing so they are fitting in the fenders the way I want.

ghunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is my truck with 285/75R16's on 16x8 wheels. Dunno the backspacing.
I had to cut the bottom inside corners off the bumper on both sides because the tires would hit them in the middle of a turn.

1994IDI

Reaction score
Again, I am out of town until next week, so no pictures available right now. However, my truck looks just like ghunt's. Same chasis, and same size tire, I just moved my bumper out instead of cutting it.

82F100SWB

Full Access Member
Reaction score

My not so pretty 96, 315/75R16 BFG's on cheapie 16x10 steelies. Bumper is trimmed, but no other changes.

BrandonMag

Dana 50 rebuilder
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you have the specs on your wheels? Size and back spacing?

I can tell you for sure they're American Racing 16 X 10 aluminum wheels. I picked them up off of craigslist, not too sure on the backspacing.

Also do you have a picture from the rear or front of the vehicle showing the side profile? I want to see where they sit in relation to the fenders. Thanks.

Sure:

Be warned, though. Toyo MTs ain't cheap. These are pretty worn, so I called up one of the local tire shops and got a quote for new ones. Same size. I'm looking at about $1500 out the door. And that's in Oregon, where there's no sales tax. :eek:
I may end up running some BFG MTs 'cause I'd save a coupla hundred.