Status
Not open for further replies.

Silver Burner

Burnin' Oil&Rubber
Reaction score
all the sheep are headed to the cliff, well so many sheep cant be wrong :dunno

lots of worthless feel good, no facts information going on in here :rolleyes:
Javier

DELO 400 has always been among the best oils to use for a diesel. I actually know a master mixer for Chevron that has been mixing oil at the plant I worked on here in Portland for over 30 years. He spent an hour one day explaining to me stuff that went way over my head about the different bases and additives they put in it, and apparently the new DELO 400EL is actually a better oil than the old stuff. Besides that, it's cheap cheap, especially compared the the Redline oil that I had to use in my hi-boost Subie that I used to race. It cost me more to put 4.5 qts of that stuff and a filter in my Subie than it does to put 10 qts and a filter in my diesel.

Dare I guess that you run 10W-30 Penzoil in yours??? ;Sweet

idiabuse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What oil we use, is just a personal preference. We could have a 20 page thread and still not have the perfect answer.
I dont think there is any oil out there that is good for our engines, since they started putting in all these new additives.
I have read alot of bad points with running the cj-4 crap in our engines but this is all we can get anymore, at least where I live.

All the oils that YOU know about.

You can get the right oil delivered to your door if you really wanted it. :yell:
Javier

idiabuse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
w\What are you trying to say? You don't agree with the oil change interval? Or you use cheap oil? Or overpriced oil? Or you just don't know?

I dont agree with the sheep mentality oil change interval.
I use the cheapest oil available.
I know exactly what I am doing
Javier

idiabuse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dello, Rotella, probably Motorcraft, make sure it is diesel rated, I used some cheap oil in my Peugeot for a spell and the rear main seal dried out, went back to Rotella and 2 oil changes later the leak was gone, no more cheap crap for me!

Did you remove the seal and inspect it, to then say, that is was "DRIED OUT"
I bet that you didn't and that is your opinion based on someone else's opinion whats wrong with your seal.
Your seal is still leaking and will need to be replaced along with a repair sleeve on the crankshaft to cover up the groove cut in it by the seal that has burnt lubricant that turned into abrasive rocks and caused the leak in the first place!
Javier

idiabuse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DELO 400 has always been among the best oils to use for a diesel. I actually know a master mixer for Chevron that has been mixing oil at the plant I worked on here in Portland for over 30 years. He spent an hour one day explaining to me stuff that went way over my head about the different bases and additives they put in it, and apparently the new DELO 400EL is actually a better oil than the old stuff. Besides that, it's cheap cheap, especially compared the the Redline oil that I had to use in my hi-boost Subie that I used to race. It cost me more to put 4.5 qts of that stuff and a filter in my Subie than it does to put 10 qts and a filter in my diesel.

Dare I guess that you run 10W-30 Penzoil in yours??? ;Sweet

Well you said it yourself, it's way over your head. and it still is, Sir.
your buddy mix master delo boi, ask him why is the new stuff is better than the best old stuff he was mixing 10/20/30 years ago? why does he have to keep upgrading? why cant he just get the best and mix that? HMMMM
If the old Delo was so good 5 years ago how come they dont continue selling it?
If you purchased the Redline for your truck and used it like it is recommended, lets just say 15,000 miles, I think that is way cheaper than what you are doing now! AND much better for your eng than the DELO400 can deliver.
I can prove this with used oil analysis, but that cost money and it is better to just ignore any facts and call MR Mix Master and get his opinion instead of getting your own facts from your own reasearch and experimentation!

Javier

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
Did you remove the seal and inspect it, to then say, that is was "DRIED OUT"
I bet that you didn't and that is your opinion based on someone else's opinion whats wrong with your seal.
Your seal is still leaking and will need to be replaced along with a repair sleeve on the crankshaft to cover up the groove cut in it by the seal that has burnt lubricant that turned into abrasive rocks and caused the leak in the first place!
Javier

I'm sorry, but after reading several of your rude posts in this thread I'm not responding to your statement, we do not tolerate this attitude here, please clean it up and learn to play nice.

matt-jenkins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
idiabuse
If you dont have something constructive to contribute why bother posting?
You seem to have godly knowledge about the subject so why not share it, dont be a *****.

idiabuse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
idiabuse
If you dont have something constructive to contribute why bother posting?
You seem to have godly knowledge about the subject so why not share it, dont be a *****.
I 'think' I know a little, but in terms of what there is too know, I am a newbie. And on most forums where information is unmoderated, every site will have its "Guru" because no one knows enough to correct them.
Then when you do finally correct them, you are there to bash or whatever other euphemisms they want to toss at you.
Javier

Clayton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Change it every 3-5k with the cheapest brand that is diesel rated and any filter but fram and everything else will fall apart around the engine. I have yet to have an oil related failure with this method with any engine.

I'm gonna change mine yearly, Which will be 4-5k. Using Castrol Tection that I got on sale and a purolator filter.

matt-jenkins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I 'think' I know a little, but in terms of what there is too know, I am a newbie. And on most forums where information is unmoderated, every site will have its "Guru" because no one knows enough to correct them.
Then when you do finally correct them, you are there to bash or whatever other euphemisms they want to toss at you.
Javier

Well you seem to be alot of bashing but not having any real proof of knowledge to back it up. If your going to be rude and blunt at least have information to back up your claims.

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
I work for a company with a policy of changing the oil every century whether it needs it or not, everything on their vehicles EXCEPT the long blocks are falling apart, I'd hate to crack one of those and see all the gunk inside, but they just keep going cookoo

idiabuse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but after reading several of your rude posts in this thread I'm not responding to your statement, we do not tolerate this attitude here, please clean it up and learn to play nice.
When I was growing up, age 20ish even younger, I remember my friends would completely lose it when you said something like you own a Firebird 4 cylinder?
Not say anything else and they would automatically take it as a personal insult.
If you own a POS is it your fault? I dont think so, why get insulted personally? really! I was only stating a fact wich has nothing to do with them.
Javier

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Guys play nice.... I won't say it again in a nice way.

You all can have different opinions but we can state them in a way that isn't abusive or prickish....

Trust me I'm not in a good mood tonight....

idiabuse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I work for a company with a policy of changing the oil every century whether it needs it or not, everything on their vehicles EXCEPT the long blocks are falling apart, I'd hate to crack one of those and see all the gunk inside, but they just keep going cookoo
they spend more coin in chasing new parts, vehicles out of service, and mechanics doing the work, sorry to hear that, I always try to help a company like that get out of debt...
Javier

FrozenRedneck

Reaction score
all the sheep are headed to the cliff, well so many sheep cant be wrong :dunno

lots of worthless feel good, no facts information going on in here :rolleyes:
Javier

No need to be a an pain... He asked an opinion, we're giving it to him. It bothers you, then don't read it.

Status
Not open for further replies.