What Turbo is this?

Jmackk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, Im pulling the 6.9 out f my truck to do new head gaskets and general re-seal and prob type4 cam while Im at it but anyway, I pulled the turbo and I have never sean one with this kind of exhaust side. Its says ATS on everything, is this one of the original ATS turbos
You must be registered for see images attach

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I guess its a hypremax or probably a non gated atx 088... I'm just making a wag here. These are not my areas of speciality at all. Others will chime in with exactly what this is... One things for sure... Its a non wastegated turbo with slip fit up and down pipes.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I was able to blow up the side of the intake housing.. Its an ATS turbo non wastegated.. You have most of what you need to use it. Just the up and down pipes.. An oil feed line and the intake snail is what missing...

Jmackk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
icanfixitall, the turbo came off my 6.9 I have all the parts and everything is set up, and it say ATS on everything BUT the compressor housing says Garret in little letters below the serial number. I have a call in to ATS to run the numbers just to make sure of what I have for when I rebuild it, just waiting on a call back.

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WOWOWOW never seen so many banks turbos together! Also JJMACK garret made the ats turbo.

Jmackk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya if I can make the banks wastgated turbo fit in place of the ATS I would pick it up in a heart beat just dont want to spend the money if it wont work, obviously the up/down pipes would have to be changed but I want to make sure it can mount to the pedestal.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
The posting above is true.. Sadly the Banks sidewinder wastegated turbo is made by Mistubishi and rebuild kits are not too difficult to find but... Finding the hot side wheel and turbo shaft is tuff. Been there and have the spare turbo to prove it too... Banks clipped my $1100.00 6 years ago for that....:mad:

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Something else that I missed about that turbo.. The "Y" exhaust collecter is not pictured so thats needed for a complete kit... But I'm sure thats a known thing around these parts...

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ats wont have any parts for it, garrett will, dont get a chinese ebay rebuild kit. If you want a good kit let me know, also that is THE hardest turbo to disassemble without screwing up the 150 dollar hot wheel.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
someone needs to buy those banks turbos, if I had the dough I would , they are worth way more than that in parts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle