CDR valve - what is this part?

Rupert8

Reaction score
Hi,

What is the part circled in the photo? It's made of rubber.

Going to replace the llarge 'O' gasket (also pictured) on my CDR valve but not sure what to do with the other part in the kit I bought. The CDR currently has a small o-ring going into the metal tube which then goes down into the engine. It doesn't have a the longer circled part anywhere....

(I replaced CDR a while back but had to reuse the round gasket so since I'm moving the air filter today for a different project I'm going to put a new one in as due diligence.)

This is on a 6.9 IDI, 1986 F250 2WD.

Thanks!

Attachments

• 61FrNn47X+L.jpg
    61FrNn47X+L.jpg
    226.8 KB · Views: 3

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
If your CDR was in the stock position mounted on the back side of the intake manifold, it is the oil drain that goes into the valley pan. If your CDR is remote mount, you won't need it.

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As I remember when I replaced my CDR quite a few years ago. The old one had a metal tube that went into a gromet in the Valley Pan.
It was old, crumbly like an old piece of Baka Lite.

New CDR came with the rubber hose like you show. The ribbed part goes into the pan and top goes into the short metal tube.

That grommet looking piece fits on the back side of the CDR where it mates up to the Intake Manifold.

Goat

Rupert8

Reaction score
Thanks. Was this on a 6.9? I tried yesterday and while the existing metal tube just slots right into place, the rubber one (ribbed part) won't fit down inside the valley pan, and didn't seem to want to go any other way.

My metal tube is in good shape, happily, so I'm using that, but curious how that rubber tube would go.

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
The ribbed part should go into the valley pan hole. It does require a little effort. I doubt the 6.9 pan is different, but I also am not that familiar with the 6.9.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
My metal tube is in good shape, happily, so I'm using that, but curious how that rubber tube would go.
Justin case you tried it, the new rubber tube won't git inside the grommet that your metal tube slides down into. You have to remove that and only use the rubber piece.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86