What Turbo is this?

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Now Russ.. Do I really need two spare wastegated Banks turbos... I like spares but I can't use three turbos on my rig..... At this time....:eek::D

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
So... I was looking very closely at the pictures and the two trubos on the right end appear to be wastegated turbos. Clearly the very end one is. It has the parts on it showing its got the wastegate. But the next turbo appears to be without the pressure canister that drives the gate open. But it seems to have the gate lever on it... Don't really know if what I think I see is a fact but it looks that way...

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
a TE06H mounted where a factory GM turbo used to be will turn a 6.5 into an animal :D
I have firsthand experience with that.

Attachments

• 83gmc2500a.jpg
    83gmc2500a.jpg
    531.4 KB · Views: 11
  • 83gmc2500b.jpg
    83gmc2500b.jpg
    530.4 KB · Views: 8

Jmackk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok guys sorry for not responding sooner, been busy and done a lot of hunting over the last few days. It turns out my turbo is leaking oil and if it THE hardest to rebuild Im thinking im going to replace the turbo. I think Im going to grab that Banks turbo with the wast gate and fab the rest of the parts needed. I have make to oil drain, and since I have to oil feed line I can easily make it work with the banks. The exhaust will take a few 90 and 45 degree elbos and some welding to make the curent exhaust work, and the intake is getting a "cone" filter and the CDR will be plumbed into it(or RDT to exhaust)

And if anyone is interested in one of the Banks turbos....or all let me know and I could work out buying/shipping etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger