what do you guys think of this grille?

madpogue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe it's just me, but every time I see that style of grille on a truck, it looks to me like the driver smashed the grille and couldn't find an OEM replacement, so he slapped one of these on it.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like a clean look, but Chrome is great...in tasteful moderation. I like the setup on my truck, but it's about to its limit. Lol
You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

man take that PSD crap outta here :D

Maybe it's just me, but every time I see that style of grille on a truck, it looks to me like the driver smashed the grille and couldn't find an OEM replacement, so he slapped one of these on it.

:backoff :smash:

Zaggnutt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think that grill looks cool on the slantnose I think because it's a rectangular overall shape instead of the taper on the OBS, BUT given the proper tools and creativity you have I would never buy something that you can build "one of a kind."

Reaction score
I think it looks dated, and not in a good way. Of course, give it another 20 years and they'll be all the rage but you won't be able to find one...

Mike

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
another 20 years! lets hope we're not still driving 40 year old 130-190 hp diesel trucks 20 years from now.they'll probably be up to like 2,000hp/3,000trq by then with pickups rated to tow that of semi's if they keep up the power and ratings wars lmao!

i like my 20 year old idi trucks.........but wow man,im not too sure about 40 yr old idi trucks.:D we're kinda behind the times already........but i guess that's ok.;)

FORDF250HDXLT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
hahah.hey im with ya brother.i'm gunna run mine for all they're worth.........or until we can no longer find parts easy/quick enough to run 'em commercially any longer.....whichever comes first.

direwulf23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw a advertisement for an F350 and I swear it claimed a 30k towing, or rather close. 28k is CDL level. Soon you'll have to have a CDL just to drive an F350

madpogue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's a good chance that in 20 years, most people will be driving ox-carts. The only people with motorized vehicles will be those of us who hung onto what will then be forty to FIFTY-year-old mechanically-injected diesels, with manual transmissions and electromechanical voltage regulators. Major reason to hang onto an IDI in the first place is to have a vehicle that WILL start after the SHTF. Behind the times? Oh, no man, we're waaaay ahead of the times....

And if the S doesn't HTF, in 20 years they'll be making anti-gravity flying trucks and personal jet-packs, and most people will be in perpetual debt paying for them (like most people are today). For the rest of us, there will be an active support network for what will then be 40-50 year old trucks, just as there is for '60s and '70s vehicles today. And by then, that ^^^^^^ style of grille just might be back in style....

FORDF250HDXLT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
And by then, that ^^^^^^ style of grille just might be back in style....

:rotflmao your making me feel old brother.feels just like yesterday when i was installing one.you kids and your murdered out cars and trucks lol.LOL old school bling baby! more chrome than paint! lol.;Sweet

Brad S.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Talk about front end stuff and grilles, has anyone tried a Ford Raptor type Grille.
But instead of "FORD" in the center, maybe put "IDI", just for our years of pickups:dunnocookoocookoo

Attachments

• 2012_ford_f-150_extended-cab-pickup_svt-raptor_fq_oem_2_300.jpg
    2012_ford_f-150_extended-cab-pickup_svt-raptor_fq_oem_2_300.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 33

Giddy-Up

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Man, the front of this truck is sweet.

I have been looking for a place to buy a front bumper like that. Anybody have any leads?

If I remember correctly it's a factory bumper that the owner modified it.

Waystro

No Class
Reaction score
so i should take those plastic chromed fender louvers kinda like the old buicks off?
what about the strips that go on the seam of the doors?
personally i thought my "DUB 22" emblums were a big hit!
Man don't even get me started on Those Stick on louvers. :backoff :puke: