Turn Signal Cam Fix

03wr250f

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got tired of having to hold my turn signal through corners and decided I was going fix it. I first bought oreillys $10 splice in turn cam. It did not work. As soon as I tried it I had no turn signals. I checked everything I could think of and not a thing. I finally decided that for only $40 I can get a whole new wiring harness. It seemed way more worth it especially since I was at my wits end trying to figure it out.
It got here and I put it in. Worked great just sitting there, but the first time I went around the block I turned once and then no more turn signals? Come to find out it had blown a fuse. I figured it may have been a time thing, or whatever so I put a new one in and it blew it the next turn. I said enough was enough and emailed the company am-autoparts about it since they have a 10 year warranty. After a short bit of emailing this was the response I got from them. "We are shipping a replacement order for you. We do not need to inconvenience you further by getting the part back to us, so you are free to keep it or dispose of it. Thank you for your patience and understanding and we will ensure this gets to you as soon as possible. " It got to me within 3 days.
I am thoroughly impressed with my new one. I put it in and everything works as it should. Great customer service, fast and not to bad on price.
I figured you would want to know because I assume you have cam problems such as me.
Heres two links to them.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Turn-Signal...Ford|Model:Bronco&hash=item485c73a008&vxp=mtr
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Turn-Signal...Ford|Model:Bronco&hash=item484971feae&vxp=mtr
hope someone finds this of use.;Sweet

Mulochico

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have use AM Auto Parts for lenses, turn signal switches, and many others. Some have not been OEM quality, but decent for the price. Between them and Rock Auto, I get a lot of parts online.

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
I wish you could buy just the springs for the cam. One of mine broke in the gasser awhile back and I trimmed a used hacksaw blade to fix it, but it's not spring steel. Now the other is broke. Guess I'll have to heat and temper some next time.

mu2bdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A few people have tried to replace the plastic locking cam without success and have usually just replaced the entire setup like you. I replaced my harness and was blowing a fuse every time I was using it and found that there is a screw which sits up too high and makes contact with the back of the steering wheel and causes a short. Make sure that all your screws are in tight and not making contact to anything. It likely isn't the product, just the way the screw heads are torqued down at the factory. Once I tightened everything no more blown fuses and turn signals work normally.

03wr250f

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks I actually noticed I was missing a screw when I was swapping them, so I stole one of the ones from the turn signal switch and made it so all three screws in the back were there. I also changed a few other things, but that sounds like it may have been that after all. I hate the door dinging and I have really considered taping it so that it doesn't make contact anymore. but I don't know That little black and pink stripped wire which bolts next to the hazard switch is what controls your dinger for your door, but not the cab light.