used engine oil for fuel

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Normally you don't have to worry about getting dipped by DOT. But if you did, and have dyed Off Road fuel, you are subject to $1000/Gallon + Fed. tax + Fine up to a total of $10,000. I've been at some cattle auctions where the Fed's came in and dipped the farmers tank's, all Hell broke loose then. Friend from Oregon in the trucking business hauling log's said they use to use off road a lot til they started to dip them, then they just kept track of the Off Road milage and used that as a fuel tax deduction. Can't remember what state, but I use to fuel up at truck stops with my 35 ft GM Bus, I seen on the invoice "No Red Dye Visible" . They will also target large contractor's diesel pickup's. I've also seen them at rest area's dipping the diesel motor homes.

krawlr

Yup, that's me
Reaction score
I used a cartrige type filter with a 1micron element from McMaster Carr. Some pvc fittings from HD, a shutoff valve on the outlet, and the biggest funnel I could find epoxied to the inlet elbow. Comes out at a small stream at best so if you want to do more than your average oil change you may want a pump to push it.

In2Fords

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After I got busted for running veggie oil/wmo I started running offroad in my front tank. Only when I was offroad I would use it and couple minutes before getting on the road I would switch back over. I got pulled over cause the dot saw me filling my front tank with offroad red, because of my earlier tickets they impounded my truck. As soon as they pulled me over I shut it down so what I was running was still in the clear racor filter bowl. When I went to the impound lot to gather my personal belongings out of the truck I took pics of the filter. 3 months later I finally got to go to court, I showed the judge the evidence and told him I didnt run it on road. The prosecutor said it didnt matter but the judge agreed with me. they were trying to charge me $15 a day for impound/storage for 90 days, not did the Judge refuse to charge me that but also awarded me $3k for having to rent a work truck the 90 days. he explained that if he hadnt done that the state would be open to a lawsuite and he filed it so if I filed a suite against teh state they would recharge me for the crime.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Short story about ATF in the fuel. Going to Alaska last summer fueled up just outside Whitehorse Yukon, got about 40 miles and the exhaust started to smoke, engine had no power going up mountains, knocked like all get out, was 60 miles to Carmacks yet. Thought I had gotten a bad load of fuel and the injector(s) were fouling (This was the 99 PSD) stopped and poured a gallon of ATF in the tank. Went on to Carmacks, stayed overnite, headed back to Whitehorse 100 miles next day, was over the 4th July weekend. Ford dealer couldn't get me in for a week, a guy said try Hensen Mechanical, went there,told him the story, he said OH Yeah people got dirty fuel there before, empty your filter and dump in this Stanadyne that'll fix it. Emptied the filter while he was standing there, he said I smell gasoline, Holy Sh**t wrong pump. The only thing that saved the engine was the ATF in 24 gallons of gas and about 10 gallons diesel. Cheap fix only $11.00 + I installed my spare fuel filter then.

CAUTION: When in Canada, don't trust the color of the hose nozzle.

10,000 miles since then and still running strong, no problems.

:hail BUILT FORD TOUGH :hail

Devilish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Short story about ATF in the fuel. Going to Alaska last summer fueled up just outside Whitehorse Yukon, got about 40 miles and the exhaust started to smoke, engine had no power going up mountains, knocked like all get out, was 60 miles to Carmacks yet. Thought I had gotten a bad load of fuel and the injector(s) were fouling (This was the 99 PSD) stopped and poured a gallon of ATF in the tank. Went on to Carmacks, stayed overnite, headed back to Whitehorse 100 miles next day, was over the 4th July weekend. Ford dealer couldn't get me in for a week, a guy said try Hensen Mechanical, went there,told him the story, he said OH Yeah people got dirty fuel there before, empty your filter and dump in this Stanadyne that'll fix it. Emptied the filter while he was standing there, he said I smell gasoline, Holy Sh**t wrong pump. The only thing that saved the engine was the ATF in 24 gallons of gas and about 10 gallons diesel. Cheap fix only $11.00 + I installed my spare fuel filter then.

CAUTION: When in Canada, don't trust the color of the hose nozzle.

10,000 miles since then and still running strong, no problems.

:hail BUILT FORD TOUGH :hail

You are soooo lucky !

krawlr

Yup, that's me
Reaction score
In2 and Oldbull :eek:

I've actually quit putting WMO in my truck. It all goes to my stationary diesel generator tank now. That thing would probably run on peanut butter if you could get it through the supply lines. LOL

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In warmer weather I run a real heavy mix of WMO. Probably at least 90%. I've done it for over 2 years now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JFMac

Members online